Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Heated Gear Group Buy  (Read 8371 times)

Sean M Cary

Re: Heated Gear Group Buy
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2008, 02:14:56 PM »

Take a look at this link Sean:  http://www.powerletproducts.com/products/klr650.php

Powerlet is an outfit that makes power connections with bike specific mounts (some generic mounts also if that ever matters).  That link is to their KLR page.

yeah, saw that - the issue is the stator...  It puts out very low wattage.  There is an upgrade, but still weak.

Sean

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2008, 02:17:05 PM »

Sean,

IMO I would recommend Gerbings.  I am a bit partial I guess because they are close to where I live.  One thing that really stands out in them though is their customer service!!  Lifetime on electrics helps as well.  I have a lot of their stuff and anything that ever fails including battery connections and controllers they promptly replace or repair.  www.gerbings.com

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2008, 02:18:44 PM »

yeah, saw that - the issue is the stator...  It puts out very low wattage.  There is an upgrade, but still weak.

Sean

Ooops.  Was thinking connections not just a dinky charging system.  My bad.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2008, 08:34:28 AM »

Think I am going with the Widder since I can add the arms (important since my KLR has CRAP for electrical output).

Anyone interested in a group buy?? Best price I have found for a System2 with the collar in my size is about 99.00 on eBay, not sure how much a group buy would save.

Sean
Sean,
Count me in.  I'm tired of riding in 40 degree temp. without heated stuff.

Fred
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2008, 09:11:36 AM »

Sean,
Count me in.  I'm tired of riding in 40 degree temp. without heated stuff.

Fred

Looking at the Tour master stuff now - liked the Widder since I could add sleeves to the vest when I needed...  Waffling between a vest and a jacket...

Sean

Sean M Cary

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2008, 02:47:10 PM »

From Gerbing...  FYI to anyone in the military...

Hello Sean,

Yes, we have a 15% discount for individuals currently enlisted in the service.

AND from Widder...

Hi Sean,

At 09:51 AM 7/6/2008, you wrote:
>Why does the warranty end 31 Dec 2008??

Because we will be retiring at that time.

Pat

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »

I like the Synergy line from tour master, however they don't show any details for electric connections or temp control.
I would be interested in a jacket liner and a pair of gloves.
I ride in the winter as long as it's dry (no ice) and over 37 deg. when I leave the house at 6:30 and will be warmer on the way back.
So far I've been using my FXRG jacket with a pair of flannel lined Garhart pants and my rain shell over the pants as wind breaker (works great).
I like the idea of liner under a reflective jacket since I leave in dark and some times get back in dark.
I also have a neck gator from Under Armor that's absolutely awesome, very light weight and warm.  It even covers my ears.

Fred
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »

Florida Marine,

If I am not mistaken you may be able to bump up the alternator and electrics of the Road Glide. Basically get the same alternator and other electrics as the Ultra, will be a pain in the butt to switch over.

Also I would get a jacket liner rather than a vest. It will keep your arms a lot warmer, and it packs up almost as small as a vest.

When you guys get cold in 40 deg F in the southern states up here in Canada and the US Northwest we just put a jacket on over our T Shirts lol.

geezerglide

Sean M Cary

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2008, 06:41:24 AM »

Florida Marine,

If I am not mistaken you may be able to bump up the alternator and electrics of the Road Glide. Basically get the same alternator and other electrics as the Ultra, will be a pain in the butt to switch over.

Also I would get a jacket liner rather than a vest. It will keep your arms a lot warmer, and it packs up almost as small as a vest.

When you guys get cold in 40 deg F in the southern states up here in Canada and the US Northwest we just put a jacket on over our T Shirts lol.

geezerglide

It's my "other bike" that has the electrical issues - my Kawa KLR650...  17Amps max output.  The SERK can drive a small city compared to the KLR...

Sean

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2008, 09:40:36 AM »

Sean,

IMO I would recommend Gerbings.  I am a bit partial I guess because they are close to where I live.  One thing that really stands out in them though is their customer service!!  Lifetime on electrics helps as well.  I have a lot of their stuff and anything that ever fails including battery connections and controllers they promptly replace or repair.  www.gerbings.com

Gerbings have served me very well for 4 years. The SECU heates seat and grips are an excellent adjunct to the Gerbing jacket liner and pants. Haven't used the gloves this year as the grips have been adequate. Can't go wrong with the system and definately get the dual control.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.