Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Construction zone not marked properely.  (Read 7864 times)

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
Re: Construction zone not marked properely.
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 03:14:29 PM »

Not to start a helmet war but I am glad I was wearing one. I have been known to "ride naked" on occasion. The gash in my helmet would have been a gash in my head. I have no idea what my head hit. My body was bounced into the air and I llanded on the gas tank. I am thinking i scraped the mirror or something.

Helmets are a good thing...get well soon Bro!

Pita

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 07:05:35 PM »

Glad you brought up the helmet--I posted about helmets and deaths in Sturgis--80% of deaths were individuals not wearing a helmet. (See other thread) Had helmets been worn, the death toll would have been reduced.

We all believe it won't happen to us (accident), but all it takes is one incident to change your life and those that care about you and love you as well. A helmet is more likely to save your life, then end your life.

Glad you survived and thanks for sharing.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 11:39:25 PM »

My bike has been back from the shop now for a couple weeks and I am riding again but MRI was done Weds. morning. Found out today There is possible damage at the top end of my spine. I had fractured two lower disks. I cannot recall the number order of them. Todays wonderful news is possible damage (herniated with bulging) from the impact of jamming my whole spine upwards. Tuesday they will see if I might be a candidate for steroid injections but being don that road five years ago I am not real optimistic. I can feel tingling in my whole right arm. Feels like it falls asleep if I sit or lay a certain way. It hurts like heck after I ride but riding is my way of freeing my mind. I don't care how bad it hurts.

My main reason for posting this is to point out that even when we think we didn't get hurt bad, we might have been injured more than we realize. I really thought I got away with two fractured lower disks and that would be it. I don't do opoid pain relievers so I am not sure where this is going.

gpopvet

• Elite CVO Member
  • 74 and still riding hard.
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Trike
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 07:04:47 AM »

Get well soon we never realize all the consequences but the rewards seem to outnumber them.
2021 CVO Trike

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 03:27:56 PM »

Get well soon we never realize all the consequences but the rewards seem to outnumber them.

Ain't that the truth. They have me scheduled to do steroid injections in my spine. This seems familiar from the first time I had back surgery. Go through everything possible before the knife. I am game. I hated that surgery. It was awful. They lied their asses off about how it was no big deal. Then I wake up and spend two weeks eating from a straw. Hint. For those that have avoided this one. When they fuse disks together in your neck area, they go in from the front after pulling all your throat parts out of the way. That was a video they forgot to show before the surgery.

I am still riding even though it hurts like the dickins after a hour or so. Riding my bike is how I clear my head so I don't blow a vessel or something. It is crazy how every problem you have will seem to go away while riding.

Truth is, I am darned lucky it was not much worse. I was getting a bit over confident anyway. I think of it as a wake up call. I pay a heck of a lot more attention while riding now than I was when that happened.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 24 queries.