Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 51 Year old Harley rider killed on the Fourth,  (Read 3495 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
51 Year old Harley rider killed on the Fourth,
« on: July 05, 2011, 03:13:13 PM »

I don't have all the details but an eyewitness noticed a van driven by a women cross her lane and directly head on into a motorcycle killing the 51 year old father of three.  It was a horrific looking scene.  There was not a thing this guy could have done to prevent this or survive the impact, nothing at all.  While I was 10 miles away walking home pissed off from a broken belt this guy was laying in the street in between the place of worship we attend and an ice cream stand we go to.  I go by there 2 to 3 times a day.  The article has the usual place to leave your comments and a good majority blame the motorcyclist even though he was in his own lane.  After all he was a motorcyclist and you know they ask for it!  Makes you realise all the idiots out there passing themselves off as humans.  The article indicated that there are no plans to charge the driver, just cross the lane and pick off who you want and drive the same day.  What is wrong with society?  I'm not sure how many motorcycle death's we have had in NH, but considering we are a tiny State the numbers are very high.  

This took place one town over from me in Pembroke NH, the driver lived in the same town we do and lived very close to us.

Prayers for the family and friends are definitely in order.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: 51 Year old Harley rider killed on the Fourth,
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 06:53:19 PM »

Our Condolences to his family.  Sadly enough, the person who did this was probably texting, on the phone or had their head up their A$$.  Hope they fry the cage driver
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Craigisdad

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 07:24:17 PM »

Unbelievable, the stupidity will never end, what could the motorcycle rider have done wrong? Maybe they need to make an example of this pitiful excuse of a licensed driver, although we all know that will never happen!!! Prayers to the family. R.I.P.     Ride in peace.
Craig

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 07:49:14 PM »

What a damn shame, the young chick was probably texting or blabbing on a cell phone and wandered across the lane. He, and his family, paid the price.
Hopefully she will get charged with something major if there were witnesses....but seems like that is a rare occurance these days.  :nixweiss:
Thoughts and prayers go out to his family, especially the 3 children.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:34:24 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »

What an incredible act of stupidity. She kills a man and will probably get a slap on the hand if that much. What ever happened to being held responsible for your actions?  :nixweiss:  RIP brother.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 08:46:19 PM »

so sad! R.I.P.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 11:56:32 AM »

I talked to a person who was the fifth vehicle behind the accident yesterday and he told me that the van swerved over so far that they had him pinned against the curb (his side).  Helmet, air bag or full body armor offers you little protection when someone for what ever reason just takes you out.  I'm not one to jump to conclusions as far as what the driver was doing at the time of the accident, I do know that you are held responsible to be in complete control of your vehicle at all times.  It has been prooven time & time again that if you are on a motorcycle and are involved in an accident in NH you are somehow part of the problem regardless of the circumstances.  In most cases the State feels that it is enough that the driver who took the cyclist life will have to live with it, resulting with little thought of any kind of punishment.  Something has to change to make people accountable for their actions.  

It reminds me of loosing a friend in a Hog hunting accident.  He was shot twice by a guy in the same group. The outcome was the person shot & killed should have been more aware of his actions and had to take a significant amount of blame as he was on all fours blood trailing an animal he had shot prior to the shooting.  Open season on the victim, no fine not even a loss of hunting privileges since they were guest at a private hunting club.  The guy had a scope and it was very close and fairly open but the guy wanted a kill so bad he threw caution to the wind.  A lawsuit was initiated and failed.  

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »

There are lots of reasons for the increase in MC riders being mowed down by cages, but the phone use by drivers is at the top of the list and no one is going to do anything about it since it's a convenience that everyone wants to be able to continue.  I followed a driver yesterday weaving across his lane, failing to maintain consistant speed, slow response at traffic signals, etc, etc as he talked on the phone and endangered others lives and it's epidemic everywhere.  Just as dangerous as drunk drivers, but socially acceptable.  Just like mowing down a mc rider with little if any penalty.  I'm outraged, but in the minority, they're taking away a basic freedom of being able to persue the happiness that riding gives us and it's epidemic.  aaaarrgh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 09:37:56 PM »

There are lots of reasons for the increase in MC riders being mowed down by cages, but the phone use by drivers is at the top of the list and no one is going to do anything about it since it's a convenience that everyone wants to be able to continue.  I followed a driver yesterday weaving across his lane, failing to maintain consistant speed, slow response at traffic signals, etc, etc as he talked on the phone and endangered others lives and it's epidemic everywhere.  Just as dangerous as drunk drivers, but socially acceptable.  Just like mowing down a mc rider with little if any penalty.  I'm outraged, but in the minority, they're taking away a basic freedom of being able to persue the happiness that riding gives us and it's epidemic.  aaaarrgh.  spyder

This happens all the time. We have seat belt laws and helmet laws even on bicycles. They want to save lives yet we allow talking and texting! :nixweiss:

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 04:18:15 AM »

Ontario Canada passed a law last year making it illegal to use the cell phone while driving. Doesn't matter if texting or on a call. Many people have been getting charged since the law went into effect.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 09:09:37 AM »

excellent.  At least someone has the balls to limit the insanity.  It'll never happen here due to the legislators being the worse offenders while commuting to and from Raleigh.  Some people I know actually make phone calls during their entire commute just for the entertainment until they reach their destination, then sign off.  Damn the studies that clearly show that a phone engaged driver is just as dangerous as a drunk driver.....we all think we can safely 'multitask', but the studies show otherwise.  How many more bikers will be killed by cell phone talking drivers before someone wakes up.  Good for our neighbors to the North!!!!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 11:45:32 AM »

Take the bitch out and shoot her. There I said it mods intervene if necessary. The crime is at least murder in the third degree. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( I'm sick of it. They scraped a guy off the pavement yesterday in my county.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »

Well I've calmed down a bit but still don't accept that you can just kill a guy and walk. I also found out that the guy killed here the t other day was single bike event, loosing the sportbike in a corner and hitting the guard rail.

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.