Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thousand Oaks, CA  (Read 2222 times)

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
Thousand Oaks, CA
« on: November 05, 2012, 12:01:19 PM »

Interesting how the article says the rider hit the side of the left turning cage...

Police are seeking witnesses to a fatal crash Saturday in Thousand Oaks, officials said.

A motorcyclist was killed Saturday afternoon after a collision with a vehicle at Westlake Boulevard and Bay Drive, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Office.

About 2:30 p.m., Christian Eitelbach, 19, of Thousand Oaks, was riding his motorcycle north on Westlake Boulevard, heading toward Bay, police said. Cindy Nah, 21, of Simi Valley, was driving south on Westlake Boulevard and trying to turn left onto Bay, officials said.

As Nah turned, Eitelbach entered the intersection and hit the passenger side of Nah's vehicle, authorities said.

Both were treated at the scene and taken to Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center, officials said. Nah was treated for minor injuries.

Eitelbach was pronounced dead of a blunt-force injury about 3:30 p.m., the Ventura County Medical Examiner's Office said.

Witnesses may call the Thousand Oaks Traffic Bureau at 494-8271.

Read more: http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/nov/04/police-seeking-witnesses-to-thousand-oaks-fatal/#ixzz2BMtzt0xG
- vcstar.com

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Re: Thousand Oaks, CA
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »

I don't understand?  If the car was going south and turned left the bike traveling north would hit the passenger side, right?
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »

I don't understand?  If the car was going south and turned left the bike traveling north would hit the passenger side, right?

"About 2:30 p.m., Christian Eitelbach, 19, of Thousand Oaks, was riding his motorcycle north on Westlake Boulevard, heading toward Bay, police said. Cindy Nah, 21, of Simi Valley, was driving south on Westlake Boulevard and trying to turn left onto Bay, officials said.

As Nah turned, Eitelbach entered the intersection and hit the passenger side of Nah's vehicle, authorities said."

Well....yes, just like it describes in the news article... 
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »

"About 2:30 p.m., Christian Eitelbach, 19, of Thousand Oaks, was riding his motorcycle north on Westlake Boulevard, heading toward Bay, police said. Cindy Nah, 21, of Simi Valley, was driving south on Westlake Boulevard and trying to turn left onto Bay, officials said.

As Nah turned, Eitelbach entered the intersection and hit the passenger side of Nah's vehicle, authorities said."

Well....yes, just like it describes in the news article...  

I guess I'm missing what was stated then......"Interesting how the article says the rider hit the side of the left turning cage..." Am I reading into this too much? About how it was interesting how the bike hit the side of the car? It makes sence to me  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:35:53 PM by 49445CVO »
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »

I guess I'm missing what was stated then......"Interesting how the article says the rider hit the side of the left turning cage..." Am I reading into this too much? About how it was interesting how the bike hit the side of the car? It makes sence to me  :nixweiss:

Your right of couse, none of it makes sense! It's sad anyway..

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 01:11:53 AM »

Thanks for posting, Stan.  I have a nephew who just finished his motorcycle safety class.  I sent the article to him. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 22 queries.