Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Debbie Anderson The creator of Hog on the High seas  (Read 6012 times)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Debbie Anderson The creator of Hog on the High seas
« on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:43 AM »

A letter from Dean :

Early Tuesday morning, only a few hours after making her final appearance at our Monday night giveaway show during our 10th Anniversary High Seas Rally and getting a standing ovation, Debbie slipped into unconsciousness and died Wednesday Oct 31 at 2:15 pm.in the ships infirmary. She was in no pain. Her last wishes were to be on this 10th Anniversary High Seas Rally cruise

Debbie was the co-owner of the High Seas Rally and sole creator of the HOHS Dialysis Fund. While I (Dean) got the fun part of the job creating the games to raise the dialysis money, Debbie was the heart and soul that made it happen. Until just this year when her health was failing, she handled all patients and all paperwork since the beginning. Raising almost $300,000 on this 2012 Rally cruise alone and over 1.6 million since 2003. A tireless worker and humanitarian, loved by all that met her.

Two years ago almost to this day, Debbie was diagnosed with a rare form of not one but 2 kinds of lung cancer. Since Debbie never smoked, her odds of getting lung cancer were less than 3%. In addition, the 2 forms of lung cancer she contracted only show up in 2% of all cancer patients. That's just plain bad luck. Given only 6 months to live, she bravely fought on for 2 years and beat the one cancer in her lungs but the second cancer moved to her liver and we never did get ahead of it.

During this cruise, we know our veteran High Seas Rally cruisers knew something was terribly wrong because we have been together for 40 years, married for 37 and are rarely seen more than a few feet apart but it was my decision alone to not mention this situation to our friends and passengers. Only myself, my son Cody, his wife Carla and ship medical staff knew of her death. None of our staff knew. It was much too painful for me to mention during the cruise and would have been in direct conflict with what this rally is all about. Debbie also agreed.

She requested to be cremated and have no funeral. Instead, she wished us to have a party in her honor on a future High Seas Rally cruise. She was, is and always will be, the most important person in my life. Although I know you all wish me well, please do not attempt to contact me personally for the next 30 days. Creating the High Seas Rally was easy compared to writing this. I need some alone time to get through this. She was my angel. Once again, thanks everyone for making Debbie's Dialysis Fund and the High Seas Rally a runaway success. Rest assured, the show will go on.

In lieu of flowers or gifts, a donation to the HOHS Dialysis Fund will help continue Debbie's passion and is greatly appreciated.  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:47:43 AM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

Re: Debbie Anderson The creator of Hog on the High seas
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:49:57 AM »

God Bless Debbie Anderson

My Prayers are with you , My you Rest in peace.

Marty

I posted an email from Dean.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:38:26 AM by 110 Mofo »

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 08:32:48 AM »

Thinking of you and your family in this sad time and  I'm so sorry for your loss.

Rick
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:13:05 AM »

Marty, sorry for your loss.  My prayers to the family in this time.  As I didn't know her and have never heard of Hog on the High Seas,when you get a chance, can you give me a brief history of her and this rally?  I am very interested and I'm sure not the only one that did not know anything about Ms. Anderson or the High Seas Rally.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:43:47 AM by Ultrarider1 »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 09:17:34 AM »

Sorry for your loss.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »

Marty, so very sorry to hear of your loss! Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this time of great sadness.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 10:37:56 AM »

Very sad story Marty! May her legacy live on. Rest In Peace Mary Anderson!
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

ultrarider123

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 10:47:59 AM »

Thank you so much for that wonderful story of such bravery in the face of such a terrible disease.  It's an honor to know about folks like Debbie and their families as they are such great roll models for folks facing similar situations.  My prayers to you brother. 

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »

Ahoy Mates,

I have been asked to shed some light on the great experience “The High Seas Rally” offers fellow bikers. In 2004 we set sail for the Caribbean, enjoying paradise by land and sea. Having such a wonderful time we quickly returned for the Mexican Riviera voyage in 2005. The unique premise of decadent cruise and motorcycle rally might seem like an oxymoron but instead correlate to create an enjoyable vacation that will truly surprise all who attend. Hogs on the High Seas attempts to mirror the larger Rallys, such as Sturgis and others but conveys a more personal and lavish persona. With the immense size and sometimes overwhelming nature of such rally’s, the idea of relaxation and genuine biker camaraderie is often lost. This experience offers a true paradise vacation with other biker enthusiast’s, poised to share past ridding stories and converse with fellow bikers. Dinners, excursions, and late night navy grogs can assure fun will be had by all. Dean and Debbie started Hogs on the High Sea’s 10 years ago and continually strive to offer the greatest experience possible to other motorcycle enthusiasts. Being the charitable individuals they are, they also use this joyous occasion to give back to less fortunate individuals, donating a portion of proceeds to their favorite charitable organization, “Kidney Dialinos.” As I recall my high seas adventure I am reminded of both relaxing ocean views and friendships that remain in tact today. In total I have nothing but positive remarks on this unique vacation experience and I look forward to returning to the Sea’s and embarking on another fun filled adventure soon.

Cheers Scallywags,

http://www.highseasrally.com/

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 12:51:08 PM »

RIP Debbie.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »

So sorry to hear this... RIP Debbie.

I met Dean & Debbie back in 2003 before their first cruise (the lived in Waynesboro Va) when they came to a local HOG meeting to tell us about the cruise. Both were really great people and loved motorcycles. Here is a link to more about them - "Who We Arrrr".

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 06:24:17 PM »

Vickie and I went on the High Seas Rally Cruise to the Carribean in Oct. of 2009. It was a very fun vacation. Dean and Debbie were great hosts and Debbie was a very sweet and kind lady. This was very sad news to us, our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 12:25:42 PM »

Marty:

So sorry to hear of Debbie's passing.  She was obviously a very special lady.  RIP Debbie. 

God bless,
Ken
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.