Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Memphis, TN  (Read 4937 times)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Re: Memphis, TN
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 12:22:22 PM »

Wow!  Good to hear you're able to at least write about it! 

Give it a little time before throwing in the towel.  Just thinking about what you described, it sounds like the Tahoe driver couldn't see you.  This is a good opportunity for all of us to learn.  When approaching an intersection where the possibility of someone turning left across our lane exists, I will make an extra effort to make myself visable to oncoming traffic as soon as possible.  Especially if close behind another vehicle. To do this, I will move to the left of the lane asap.

I had a similar, but different thing happen a while back when pulling out of a gas station into a clear lane, a cage in the next lane (4-lanes w/suicide median) immediately started to pull into the same space.  I saw them in time and managed to gun it out of harms way; but still pretty shook up - he almost got us.  Sometimes, it just can't be helped.  Those loud pipes only help so much, then it's all up to fate and skills.   

I pray for your comfort and hope you don't give up the joy of riding.  Pedestrians get hit all the time, but you don't hear them talking about giving up on crossing streets.  Same difference...

Hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 11:33:21 AM »

Just seeing this and hoping you're on the mend and the healing is going as best it can considering the damage done.  I've been riding for a long time, and it seems to really be getting more dangerous on the streets, not only because of more vehicles, but the 'can't wait' attitudes and distracted drivers.  Oh for the old days of just having to avoid the drunks.  Let us hear how you are mending.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 08:53:56 AM »

Glad you ain't hurt any worse, could have been life altering. When I had my only bad wreck, got out of the hospital(8 days) and swore off riding forever. Got the urge 'bout a year later and saddled up again. Now, after 40+ years and many K miles without incendent I'm glad I did. Take your time, it a personal decision that only you can make. GOOD LUCK!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Re: Memphis, TN
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 02:12:29 PM »

The FLHTCUSE6 is a total loss....and at this point im not sure I am going to return to two wheels.  As much as my wife and I love riding...I dont see the reward outweigh the risk.  Time will tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Are you planning on driving a cage, flying on an airplane, crossing traffic while walking, or bicycling? I ask because you can be injured/killed by doing all those activities. Please give it some thought before throwing in the towel.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 05:10:51 PM »

Glad you're doing better. Let us know when the physical is ok.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 02:50:12 PM »

I felt the same way after going down in CA. Was scared to ride but got back on and did it.  I've lost friends on bikes, cars and airplanes so I can't eliminate riding for that reason.  I just try to be as careful as I can and believe that you don't go before it's your turn.  Good luck and a speedy recovery.
Jesus is Lord

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 06:15:23 PM »

Sorry about your spill and on how it has affected you on riding again. Those of us that have been there understand were your comming from.
       I have had over the yrs my fair share of bums, spills, and close calls. If any thing you'll get out of this it'll make you a more conches rider (not to say you were not) but if you do get back on, it can make you a more of a  vigilant rider. You will notes the differences in your out look when on the road. It did for me.
       Try not to let the stupid driver take away something you love doing. If you find it has sue hell out of him.
       You have my prayers and good wishes. Pete
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.