Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: It might be stereo time.  (Read 2807 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: It might be stereo time.
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2020, 10:34:27 AM »

Final update. I had to change out the thumb activated volume control switch as it was broken. I never really thought about it but next to the ignition switch, (which I replaced last year) the volume control and turn signal switches get the most use.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »

Final update. I had to change out the thumb activated volume control switch as it was broken. I never really thought about it but next to the ignition switch, (which I replaced last year) the volume control and turn signal switches get the most use.
Always thought the ignition switch was at the top of the forks. Dunno if yours has the power locks for that year but on all my HDs, the volume lever switch has been on the clutch side away from the kill switch on the throttle side. Did they do something different on yours?

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2020, 02:14:11 PM »

Always thought the ignition switch was at the top of the forks. Dunno if yours has the power locks for that year but on all my HDs, the volume lever switch has been on the clutch side away from the kill switch on the throttle side. Did they do something different on yours?

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

You're right. Sometime last year I had to change out the ignition switch at the top of the forks, no power locks it's an '06. In addition to that, the radio and the thumb operated volume control on the left side of the handlebar broke.

The bike has over a 100K on the clock, so now it's experiencing a lot of nagging things wearing out. Nothing major, just stuff like the shifter lever, the rubber horn isolator, and now radio and switches. I'm kind of glad I don't have power locks, I can see those being the next thing to break.

Gonna keep the bike, but my next one will be the new GoldWing.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 24 queries.