Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extended Service Plan- Warranty  (Read 1136 times)

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

Extended Service Plan- Warranty
« on: June 02, 2020, 09:42:32 PM »

Does anyone know how you can negotiate a warranty? I seen this in other spots but no Idea that that was possible. I called a few other dealers but they seem to be close on price. Some input one this would help thanks.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Extended Service Plan- Warranty
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:22:27 AM »

Different states have different rules & regs on Extended Warranties.  First would find out which companies offer them on your state & make sure the dealer (s) you plan to use for service honor these specific companies product.  After that you can contact companies direct - a word of caution - not all companies are the same.  You have already shopped dealers, so you have a base price point.

Long time back price on these was negotiable among HD dealers & could buy one from out of state, etc., Have not found that to be as great a price difference as it once was in this area. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 08:49:38 AM »

Please don't use Patriot Warranty they suck.... Try Discount ESP they have good prices and sometimes offer free tire & wheel specials.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 10:05:42 AM »

You could get good discounts from some Harley dealers a few years ago, then Harley forced the dealers who were selling ESP's out of their market area to cease and desist.  Harley hates to see customers get a good deal on anything.  If you want the plan endorsed and promoted by Harley, you are stuck with the prices the various dealers charge in your area. 

As others have noted, check out the other company's ESP offerings.  Do some research not only on price, but look for customer reviews to gauge how well they respond to claims.  Also see what shops in your area accept direct payment from those plans, versus you having to pay up front and submit a claim yourself.  And be aware, even with the Harley endorsed plan from CNA, you aren't limited to just Harley dealerships.  You can take the bike to any shop, even independents.  Ask for a complete copy of the contract so you can check actual coverage and any gotcha's in the fine print before you sign on the dotted line.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 11:18:40 AM »

Thanks everyone for the input. I called 2 dealers yesterday and 1 had something about a screaming eagle package and the other had no idea what I was taking about.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 05:14:57 PM »

Thanks everyone for the input. I called 2 dealers yesterday and 1 had something about a screaming eagle package and the other had no idea what I was taking about.

Another reason they are losing business, clueless employee's hired by clueless dealers.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 09:20:27 PM »

Another reason they are losing business, clueless employee's hired by clueless dealers.

Jerry
I know right. They are very vague on their explanations of this warranty. I’m calling that Jim planet guy Tomorow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 12:59:29 PM »

I was able to negotiate the ESP with my Harley dealer. And got a fair price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.