Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What windshield??  (Read 3164 times)

Rustybiker

• $20,000.00 and 20 Miles doesn't make you a biker
Re: What windshield??
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 10:16:59 AM »

Thanks for all of your help. It appears that the Clearview it the way to go. It is a blessing to have friends to help you out and give advice from experience.   :drink:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »

Thanks for all of your help. It appears that the Clearview it the way to go. It is a blessing to have friends to help you out and give advice from experience.   :drink:

Rusty, don't forget to consider the W/S frame/hardware. The Windscreen that comes stock, uses a 7 bolt-hole pattern on the main horizontal support. The standard Windshields us a 5 bolt-hole frame. If you want to use your original frame and swap the lexan, you must order a 7-hole windshield. If you buy a new complete windshield, assembly it will be a 5-hole frame. Order the Clearview accordingly. I have both. It's nice to have a complete spare instead of just spare lexan. Just making sure you're aware that there are 2 different types. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »

Jeff, I forwarded this info to a Road King riding buddy.  He wants to know if $100 is "reasonable."  If so let me know and he or I will get you paid ASAP. If not, remember, I'm just the messenger.

Don,

I think I will  pass on the $100 offer

Not sure I will ever buy another Road King but if I do I will still have the WS

Appreciate you being a messenger and letting other people know about it

jeffj

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 10:02:39 AM »

I think the stock windshield is fine to barhop or a day runner, but for cold weather or a long trip, it sucks. I know I am not the only one. What is everone doing for a taller windshield?

Welcome Rusty.  I agree.  It's great if you're going to just pop into town or want to make that quick jaunt to the dealer.  If you're looking to keep bugs off ya, wind or road debris...no, it's not the one.  That's why it's called a "wind deflector" is because it deflects everything right into your face at highway speeds. 

Good Luck
sooiee
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 24 queries.