Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: When will it get here ?  (Read 2553 times)

rottenroger

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
When will it get here ?
« on: October 08, 2007, 04:48:06 PM »

:nixweiss:

Well, my SERK annie was supposed to ship 10/01. It didn't. I called today to see if it had shipped yet. It hadn't.
I asked the dealer to call and get the status. He called back and they hadn't even started to build it yet. He said it would take a week to build once they started. This is my first time dealing with Harley, is this typical? I was hoping to
get some riding in before the rains started, but the way it looks now is I won't see this thing until November. Just a little disappointed to say the least.
Code:

SE A/C
Rush Slip-on mufflers  2.25 Baffles
SERT
Chrome Head Bolt Bridge Cover
Ironside Passenger Floor boards
Flush Mount Gas Cap and Gauge
Standard Height Sissy Bar with Rack and 105 Annie Back Rest
Auxilary Passing Lamps
Clearview 17" light gray recurve Shield

momoharley

Re: When will it get here ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 09:14:01 PM »

My SERK was 2 weeks late, other bikes that was supposed to be delivered at the same time as mine was 4 weeks late.

Don't exactly know why they are experiencing the delays.

Hang in there, its well worth the wait.

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 10:45:31 PM »

My SERK "Annie" had a build date of Oct 5th...

Dealer stated to me usually 2 weeks later the bike arrives...

I'll see... :nixweiss:
2008 Screaming Eagle Road King

deucedog

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 12:58:55 AM »

The Moco will assign a VIN number to the bike at shipment.  This is the best sign you've got your bike coming within days.  Get the VIN and you are IN!  ;D

It does finally arrive.  I waited it out and this forum helped me remain patient and get the bike we really wanted instead of settling and regreting it.  It will happen, but get the dealer to tell you when he's got a VIN.  Good luck...

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 01:31:21 PM »

Well, my SERK annie was supposed to ship 10/01. It didn't. I called today to see if it had shipped yet. It hadn't.
I asked the dealer to call and get the status. He called back and they hadn't even started to build it yet. He said it would take a week to build once they started. This is my first time dealing with Harley, is this typical? I was hoping to
get some riding in before the rains started, but the way it looks now is I won't see this thing until November. Just a little disappointed to say the least.

Well, It's a lot better than it used to be.  Few years ago, we had to get on the two year waiting list.  Of course by then...the bike you wanted was already discontinued and you had to settle for the color they got in regardless.  Ahh...remember those days.  I'll wait 3-4 months if I was to get what I really wanted.   
Be patient...it'll happen.  At least you don't have to deal with the SNOW and salt they put on our roads.  Ride it in the rain!!  :2vrolijk_21:
If you're gonna spend a long time with this bike, it's a lot like having a wife...Just remember it's also less expensive than a wife and it doesn't talk back.   :sauer024: OH BOY...let the  :sauer005: flaming begin...I can't believe I just hit that "POST" button....
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 03:42:46 PM »

My SERK "Annie" had a build date of Oct 5th...

Dealer stated to me usually 2 weeks later the bike arrives...

I'll see... :nixweiss:

Most of us who have CVO's experienced some kind of waiting game for the bike...mine was delayed 3 weeks, for a total wait of 2+ months from deposit to pick up.  Some have waited 9 months or more for the bike they really wanted.  Patience, grasshopper... ;)

When the dealer gets a VIN number, it's on the truck to be delivered, but they wait 'till the truck is full, so that doesn't mean the truck is rolling.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 03:51:12 PM »

Most of us who have CVO's experienced some kind of waiting game for the bike...mine was delayed 3 weeks, for a total wait of 2+ months from deposit to pick up.  Some have waited 9 months or more for the bike they really wanted.  Patience, grasshopper... ;)

When the dealer gets a VIN number, it's on the truck to be delivered, but they wait 'till the truck is full, so that doesn't mean the truck is rolling.
Sad but it's true. I know of this from first hand experience.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 04:27:02 PM »

Thanks for the head up everyone...

It's a waiting game that some of us don't care to play....

Just called, No Vin# yet...

2008 Screaming Eagle Road King

megavolt17

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 06:59:08 PM »

My FLHTCUSE3 was scheduled to arrive 17 October, now it's scheduled to arrive 25 October.  No VIN yet, so who really knows when it will arrive.  I guess an extra week isn't that bad but I will not be surprised if the date slips further.  My guess from the start has been that when we get our first snowstorm I will get a call to come pick it up...
Megavolt17

2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLHTCUSE3)
105th Anniversary Crystal Copper and Black Onyx
HD High Intensity Discharge (HID) Dual Bulb Headlamp
HD Illuminated LED Windshield Molding Kit
HD Air Wing Tour-Pak Luggage Rack with Smoked Lens LED Rack Light
Küryakyn Panacea Blue Dot Smoked LED Taillights and Turn Signals
"Roll Your Own" SE Air Cleaner
SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers
SE Race Tuner
Traxxion AK-20 cartridges
Bitubo HD 300mm shocks

deucedog

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 09:40:42 PM »

My FLHTCUSE3 was scheduled to arrive 17 October, now it's scheduled to arrive 25 October.  No VIN yet, so who really knows when it will arrive.  I guess an extra week isn't that bad but I will not be surprised if the date slips further.  My guess from the start has been that when we get our first snowstorm I will get a call to come pick it up...

All the reason to move to the Peoples Republic of Karlifornia!  Clear and a sunny 80 degrees today...at least we have decent weather, oh well.  :)

nightvet

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Annie SERK
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 11:53:12 AM »

I'm pretty convinced the same is going to be the case with my SERK that was originally due 9/28. I'm not quite so tolerant however and the bike I have is quite serviceable. I've already told the dealership they should try to light a fire at H-D - if the first snow falls before the bike comes, they can keep it.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 12:20:54 PM »

Was not a member back in 2003, but when I first joined this site, you could still read "all the posts" that had ever been made. 

I read what was going on when the first 2004 SEEG owners were waiting for their bikes. 
I was here to watch some of the 2005 owners wait for their bikes. 
I was here to watch the 2006, then the 2007 and now am here to watch the 2008 owners wait for bikes. 
I feel that each person who had to wait, plan their additions and modifications seemed to love the arrival of their bikes the most. 
It has been so touching to see those first pictures.  The pictures of the birth of the bikes at the delivery points.  The glow that surrounds the owners as they see the plastic coming off and the final assembly of those last few parts is awesome. 
I understand being anxious, excited and impatient, it is kinda like waiting for Christmas when we were kids.  But the time does eventually come, for all of us.  And the joy of that ownership is absolutely priceless.  I say, enjoy the wait.  The reward is very much worth it. 

:cherry:

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 12:52:39 AM »

Roger

I've responded to you on www.HDForums.com, and I've also posted here, but in case you haven't seen one yet, here's number 20 of 1800 of the "anni" Copper/Black bikes...
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 07:31:35 AM »

Was not a member back in 2003, but when I first joined this site, you could still read "all the posts" that had ever been made. 

I read what was going on when the first 2004 SEEG owners were waiting for their bikes. 
I was here to watch some of the 2005 owners wait for their bikes. 
I was here to watch the 2006, then the 2007 and now am here to watch the 2008 owners wait for bikes. 
I feel that each person who had to wait, plan their additions and modifications seemed to love the arrival of their bikes the most. 
It has been so touching to see those first pictures.  The pictures of the birth of the bikes at the delivery points.  The glow that surrounds the owners as they see the plastic coming off and the final assembly of those last few parts is awesome. 
I understand being anxious, excited and impatient, it is kinda like waiting for Christmas when we were kids.  But the time does eventually come, for all of us.  And the joy of that ownership is absolutely priceless.  I say, enjoy the wait.  The reward is very much worth it. 

:cherry:

Nicely said!  I picked mine up last Friday (SEUC3) and couldn't agree more.  I was nearly bikeless for two months and a week waiting for it to come in, but in the end it was all worth it.  Had a couple of great rides this weekend, and riding today for a few hundred miles.

Be patient... It will come

rottenroger

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 01:34:40 PM »

Thanks Quint. Thay's what I'm talking about. Beautiful Bike. One of these day mine will get here.
Code:

SE A/C
SERT
Auxilary Passing Lamps

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 08:48:49 PM »

Roger

Patience, my friend, patience! (Actually it's bloody difficult waiting for what seems like for-e-v-e-r!) Anyway, Top 10 reasons why it's worth the wait:

1. The paint job looks awesome
2. Lots of positive comments from other riders
3. That engine has a lot of stonk
4. You get compliments from onlookers
5. It's not quite a one-off, but you won't see another one at the lights
6. Your friends will ogle it, shake their heads, and say "Now THAT'S a bike!"
7. All that chrome
8. All the whoops and hollers from little kids
9. It's faster than a bat outta hell
10. As soon as you get it, you know the wait has been worth it!  ;D

Good luck. I hope the little bronze devil finds it way to your place soon.
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

rottenroger

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 08:37:50 PM »

Called the Dealer today and the bike is build and in inventory. Should be here in 10-15 days.  :bananarock:

Talked to Vance and Hines tech today and asked what the db level was on there slip on muffers. The reply
I got was they run around 99db @ half throttle from 20 feet. Some of them run a little louder. I've been reading
up on pipes and db level and state reqs. It looks like you can change size of the baffle in the Rineharts and increase
or decrease the volume of your muffler. Decisions, decisions, I guess I'll get this figured out at point or another. I'm
not that worried about having the fastest ride in town, but I do want it to look and sound good. I just don't want the
neighbors sicking their dogs on me or take pop shots at me in the morning on the way to work.   :confused5:
Code:

SE A/C
SERT
Auxilary Passing Lamps

megavolt17

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 10:42:39 PM »

Called the Dealer today and the bike is build and in inventory. Should be here in 10-15 days.  :bananarock:

Talked to Vance and Hines tech today and asked what the db level was on there slip on muffers. The reply
I got was they run around 99db @ half throttle from 20 feet. Some of them run a little louder. I've been reading
up on pipes and db level and state reqs. It looks like you can change size of the baffle in the Rineharts and increase
or decrease the volume of your muffler. Decisions, decisions, I guess I'll get this figured out at point or another. I'm
not that worried about having the fastest ride in town, but I do want it to look and sound good. I just don't want the
neighbors sicking their dogs on me or take pop shots at me in the morning on the way to work.   :confused5:

I see people often with noise induced hearing loss.  Not to be a kill-joy as my mom used to say, but here is something else to consider:

According to the Tinnitis Association "There is good evidence that the human ear can tolerate sound levels below 85dB almost indefinitely but with increasing sound levels above this, the chance of ear damage rises. Research suggests that 90dB is safe for about 8 hours (the typical working day). The equal energy principle then says that for every doubling of sound intensity above this, the safe time of exposure must half. As sound intensity is measured logarithmically, this means that a 3dB increase corresponds to a doubling of intensity. So, 93dB is therefore safe for 4hours, 96dB for 2 hours, 99dB for 1 hour and so on."

Megavolt17

2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLHTCUSE3)
105th Anniversary Crystal Copper and Black Onyx
HD High Intensity Discharge (HID) Dual Bulb Headlamp
HD Illuminated LED Windshield Molding Kit
HD Air Wing Tour-Pak Luggage Rack with Smoked Lens LED Rack Light
Küryakyn Panacea Blue Dot Smoked LED Taillights and Turn Signals
"Roll Your Own" SE Air Cleaner
SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers
SE Race Tuner
Traxxion AK-20 cartridges
Bitubo HD 300mm shocks
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 20 queries.