Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: road king fairing  (Read 27104 times)

PurpleSEI

Re: road king fairing
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 12:47:09 AM »

From what they told me at Hoppe last year when they installed mine they explained that the local police departments were using this fairing and when they had people pulled over on the interstate the wind picked up by a semi traveling at 65 mph actually blew the fairing off forward. The groove between the washers is a few thousands less than the thickness of the bracket. Tightened down, the fairing is going nowhere. Plus its sort of makes it harder to steal. Works great.
Reinhart true duals

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2006, 10:31:08 PM »

Hey Purpleman Did you by any chance rig yourself up a set of rear Speaker pods to go with this ? I have a color matched King Tour-pak and was thinking of buying a set of rear pods from Dragonfly sells em cheaper than H-D With 200 watts of power up fromt, would I need another amp for the rear ?  I notice the H-D kit contains an amp.

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2006, 05:52:39 PM »

Got a question here on this subject. On a FLHRSE, has anybody tried a fairing from the old AMF, FLH bikes?  don
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2006, 08:47:03 PM »

i dont remeber who but i'm pretty sure one guy here has
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2006, 10:11:59 PM »

I tried awhile back, They will fit - - - sorta, kinda - - like aftermarket parts 30 years ago, A little work here and there and you're good. Of course they require bolt removal and are not quick detachable, but yeah, basically they work. I could not find a used one in good enough shape. Maybe V-Twin or one of those catalogue companies has parts for them. The one I had I gave to a bro with more patience than me. The Hoppe and Dragonfly units are about $600 without a radio. Since the ones you are asking about don't have a radio it'll be interesting to see what you end up spending.  Let us know

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »

Looks like it would work. Are the ones you guys are working with quick detach?
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2006, 02:09:47 AM »

weeeeeeeeeelll   both Hoppe and Dragonfly tell you they're quick detach, but you gotta wind down the acorn nuts against metal curbs vice the rubber grommets so it's not quite the same as the stock windshield setup, but it's still fairly quick and easy. I was looking for a set of new RK windshield brkts to retro fit to the old FLH fairing when I decided to go this route. Being a Maine-iac I like the Yankee enginuity thing, but old age and a few dollars to spend have made me somewhat of a  "the hell with that noise, I'll just buy this thing and save myself the hassle" type

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2006, 05:35:56 PM »

I here ya spider. I got two fairings up stairs in very good shape  , may try to fit one for the extra cold rides.
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2006, 02:54:14 PM »

just ordered a drgonfly fairing, i also ordered lowers ( the newer vented style ) and a tour pak throuhg dragonfly, and i'm having them source the paint for me

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2006, 04:58:36 PM »

Mine's due from the painter next week, We'll see who wins the race to post the pics  How much for the lowers painted ?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

i'm sure you will win that race i dont expect to see my parts until march
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 05:01:01 PM by naitram »

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2006, 07:49:54 PM »

just ordered a drgonfly fairing, i also ordered lowers ( the newer vented style ) and a tour pak throuhg dragonfly, and i'm having them source the paint for me
Hey Neal,When you get the totals for the fairing painted let me know I'm curious to see how much it cost. Later, Q [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2006, 07:52:31 PM »

fairing, lowers, and tourpak plus paint and shipping was around 3700

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2006, 10:53:07 PM »

Nait, that bottom line makes me feel a little less guilty about the money I've dropped lately changing Gertie into the full Elvis edition. (used bikes require great amounts of cosmetic surgery in order to establish dominence over previous owner's viewpoint)

I was thinking the other day - - - ain't it a shame they don't have a biker version of the McGuire's show "Car Crazy"  Then we'd all have something to show the women in our lives to say " see honey, I'm not that bad "

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2006, 08:48:41 AM »

When I see your bike this spring or sooner Naitram I will make up my mind if that is the route I want to take.The pics in this post show the front view  and I want to see it from all angles. I love the way it looks with the matching paint.When you get it back maybe I'll take a drive(hopefully a ride) up to see it. Later, Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.