Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Aux Passing Lamps Install  (Read 30030 times)

Hx2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FHTCUSE6 Blue
    • CVO2: FLHRSE5 AE
Aux Passing Lamps Install
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:20:07 AM »

Waiting on turn signals to finish up installation of passing lamps on the RK and thought I would post my experience in case someone else is thinking about doing this.

I originally bought a set of the towel bar type passing lamps and installed them. The set I bought came with the visor type trim, which I wanted. I really liked the look of the passing lamps on my Ultra and couldn't get past that so I ordered the aux passing lamp brackets (69227-04A) and the hardware kit for my bike.  Thought I would be able to use the turn signals from the handlebars.

So, started the install, and made a few discoveries along the way. First one was that removing the right side turn signal from the handlebars was a little challenging, but just took the time to carefully disassemble the housing so I could get to the turn signal wiring. The passenger side did not require any disassembly...just grab the wire and gently pull it out.

Time for install now. First discovery was that the turn signals from the bars don't work with the kit.  Crap!  Had to go order those. Next, hey how do you connect the passing lamp bulbs?  Oh, no connectors included.  Grabbed the bulb wiring connectors off the other set.  Next, where are the bulb retaining rings??  Not included.  Oh well, I was going to use the visor style off the other set anyway.  Luckily I had bought and installed the (Delphi?) connector for the passing lamps when I put the towel bar lights on, because that is not included either. When installing the lamps to the brackets you need the Xtreme Access socket set to tighten the nuts, because they are up in a hole and have a wire coming through the nut.  Ne of the best tool purchases I have made. Glad I had them.

So now, all I need is my turn signals to get delivered so I can finish up and go for a ride. Love the look and think the bike should have come this way. 
13 FLHRSE5 AE
11.5 FLHTCUSE6

Hx2

• Full CVO Member

Re: Aux Passing Lamps Install
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:58:17 PM »

My turn signals came in today, and here is the final result. Love it!
13 FLHRSE5 AE
11.5 FLHTCUSE6

Hx2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »

Side view.  Not sure why my pics come out sideways....
13 FLHRSE5 AE
11.5 FLHTCUSE6

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 06:36:17 AM »

They look great and they should be standard with touring bikes.

Hx2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 07:50:58 PM »

They look great and they should be standard with touring bikes.

Thanks Aussie!  I agree.  Will be interesting to see how many FLHRSE5s end up with passing lamps. I am thinking Harley knew we would put them on and just saw it as another profit opportunity.
13 FLHRSE5 AE
11.5 FLHTCUSE6

ozrobo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 03:26:14 AM »

Looks the goods mate.....They should have been a standard feature also I thought.

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

• CVO1: '13 CVO Road King, 100th Anniv FLHRSE5
    • CVO2: '13 Camaro
    • CVO3: F250 Super Duty
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 10:08:58 AM »

Hx2, that's awesome! I have wanted Aux passing lamps but was unsure of exactly what I need to complete the project.
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

BluesRunner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 01:43:48 PM »

I'm gonna have to do this mod also. They should have come this way stock. Thanks for the write up. Looks really nice.
2011 SERGU
2013 Road King Screamin' Eagle - SOLD

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 05:40:47 PM »

Just ordered the passing lamps today. Must have  to make the SERK look right.      Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 02:53:07 PM »

from the website " Road King® models equipped with windshield require separate purchase of Hardware Kit P/N 69235-04". Just to confirm, we will need to get the kit listed to be able to run the windshield?? That's what I'm reading and just wanted to be sure since Hx2 has already done this mod. I am still wondering what to do about the lamp connectors thou.
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

Tru-Blu

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2013 Road King in Sapphire Blue (Saphira)
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 09:13:16 PM »

I'll be doing this mod myself in about a week.  I ordered the hardware kit with everything, and will update once I start the install. 

Slight  :jack: here, but I installed the Truck Lite Phase 7 with the Kury Halo LED trim ring over the weekend.  The Halo LED ring install was NOT fun.  It looks nice, but if that ever has to be pulled apart down the road I think I'll lose what little hair I have left.

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 02:17:31 PM »

I'll be doing this mod myself in about a week.  I ordered the hardware kit with everything, and will update once I start the install. 

Slight  :jack: here, but I installed the Truck Lite Phase 7 with the Kury Halo LED trim ring over the weekend.  The Halo LED ring install was NOT fun.  It looks nice, but if that ever has to be pulled apart down the road I think I'll lose what little hair I have left.

I attempted to order the kit last week and they said it was on backorder until today. I will be doing this mod myself too. I'm a DIY kinda guy :)

Tru-Blu

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2013 Road King in Sapphire Blue (Saphira)
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 10:37:36 PM »

I put the order in with Tri-County (Rebecca) last week.  She told me that they were on back-order status, but that Harley was showing them coming in on 10/14.  When I called her today to add to the order, I asked her the status of the bracket kit, and it came up as being "allocated" which means that it should be coming to them in a day or two.  So, I might have been the lucky duck to get whatever was available.   :oops:

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »

Looks stellar my friend!!  Great job

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 01:41:57 PM »

What mine looks like with passing lamps. Next step, Fullsac stage one or similar...but waiting for the spring. Just riding with stock setup for now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.