CVO Technical > Drive Train

slipper clutch

<< < (3/3)

geezerglide:
Tony,

I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong Magazine Title. The Magazine is the May Issue of Hot Rod Bike not Hot Bike and thr article  is on page 70.

geezerglide

HDMonsterTorque:
One thing to make clear, the VPC has two principles
1) less diaphragm pressure (light pull)
2) centrifugal system to add 'lost' spring pressure as the rpm's go up (strong bite)

The most important area is up to 3000 rpm. The higher the rpm, the better the centrifugal system works. To recommend the right VPC you need to know the TQ in this area.

For example 103thunder would need a VP83T with a stock (light) diafragm spring OR a VP67T with a SE diafragm spring.
The VP92T is for engines producing up to 100 ft/lbs at 2000 rpm.

If you need any recommendations, just send an email.

www.tpp-europe.com

HDMonsterTorque:
Please check this dynorun: 95hp and 110 ft lbs.
It's a 95ci with VP83T. But it's realy pushing the limits for the VP83T up to 3500 rpm. We would normally recommend a VP92T to keep some safe area for unknown circumstances.

It's in Nm instead of Ftlbs.
2000rpm

kng103:

--- Quote ---hippo my head mechanic installed a new clutch device today. it takes 15 minutes to install.the idea of this clutch device is change clutch handle pressure pull. at low rpm it is soft and at higher rpm the pull gets harder. it works great, i guess were a dealer for these devices. i keep board posted on price and tec info. thanks short block charlie
--- End quote ---

is the slipper clutch similar to the ez clutch?

HDMonsterTorque:
KNG103,

No, the EZ clutch is a conventional system that reduces the travel of the clutch mechanism by 50% and as a result the effort to pull the clutch is approx 40% less.
Not a good idea, as you don;t disengage the clutch for 100%!!

Check our website: www.tpp-europe.com for info about the VPC (Variable Pressure Clutch)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version