CVO Technical > Drive Train

What's Up With This Hydraulic Primary Chain Tensioner From Oregon Hot Bike?

(1/7) > >>

Hoist!:
Check this out! Anyone ever see this or use it before? It seems like a great idea. If the hydraulic cam chain tensioners work wonders, wouldn't these do the same for the primary chain? I'm liking the idea and am thinking of trying it. Anyone have any experience with it?

From the CCI Catalog, P. 12.24, P/N 60119 http://download.customchrome.com/2007pdfs/12_cc07.pdf
H-B 125 Hydraulic Automatic Primary Chain
Tensioner by Oregon Hot Bike
Designed to withstand the punishment that 100+ cubic inch engines
deliver to the primary drive. Unlike the standard chain tensioner that
works off of a spring pressure, this unit operates off of primary fluid
and works similar to the hydraulic lifter in an engine. It is completely
self-contained. Once installed, there is no need to adjust the primary
chain again.
• Reduces vibration
• Reduces chain wear
• Reduces chain rebound
• Designed for high-horsepower engines
• Smoother shifting
• Prevents chain from scoring inner parts of primary (a main cause of
primary fluid contamination)

60119 Fits Big Twins with wet primary

Hoist! 8)

hd-dude:
Howie;
i have installed several of these, they have been araound for quite a while. They are in my opinion the best one out there. Not sure if they will work in the 07 an up primary's as they have a different setup (hydro) than previous years.

Hoist!:

--- Quote from: hd-dude on September 23, 2007, 09:00:53 PM ---Howie;
i have installed several of these, they have been araound for quite a while. They are in my opinion the best one out there. Not sure if they will work in the 07 an up primary's as they have a different setup (hydro) than previous years.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Jim. I'm going to call them tomorrow. It says all big twins, but they're not very specific. I'm going to use it on my '85 FXWG with the new RevTech 110" Evo w/6-speed trans, but would like to use it on my SERK too.

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider:
Have used them on several bikes before also Howie.  Never an issue.  Just a really good part.

Only reason it's not in the current bike is that it wasn't supposed to fit along side the GP Designs bearing support.  Since that seemed the more important of the two I used the Harley tensioner instead as the bearing support is designed to accept it.

Hoist!:
2 Goods, no Bads! I hope it works on my '07! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version