CVO Technical > Drive Train

CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT HELP

(1/4) > >>

opee1:
I'm having a problem with the way my clutch is hooking up. It's not catching until the very end of the lever. The cable adjustment is properly adjusted and I'm guessing it's an adjustment at the clutch basket. Can someone tell me how to correct the problem.

Opee

WaSEEG:
If you are talking about the SEEG I don't believe the hydraulic clutch is adjustable.  The owners manual refers you to the dealer if the clutch is not operating properly and the fluid level is set correctly.  I'm sure other , wiser minds will correct me if I'm wrong.  

If your question concerns one of your other bikes all you have to do is loosen the cable completely at the adjuster nut, remove the derby cover, loosen the locknut (11/16 I believe) and turn the allen head adjusting screw in until it seats lightly, and back it out 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn, tighten the lock nut, re-install the derby cover, and adjust the cable at the lever for 1/8' of freeplay.  If this doesn't work I'd call my friend Ray who is a certified, bona fide, trained , experienced Harley Tech and ask him what to do next.

`Dan

DCFIREMANN:
There is no adjustment for the hydraulic clutch assy. If the clutches are wearing or the unit is low on fluid or has air in the system the clutch will not release or release right when you start to release the lever. If you think you have a problem see your local dealer.

Screamin:

--- Quote ---Measuring Clutch Plate Lift
1. Attach the magnetic base of a dial indicator to a rigid mounting-point on the motorcycle, such as the left-side rider footboard. Position the indicator to the end of the
clutch-release pushrod.
A minimum of .065
--- End quote ---

mfgreen:
Glad your mechanics seemed to help a bit.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version