CVO Technical > Drive Train

CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT HELP

<< < (2/4) > >>

opee1:
Thanks for the advice...I'll give it a try.

P.S. No it's not on SEEG, mechanical clutch adjustment on my Ultra Classic.

Opee

DCFIREMANN:
OPEE since it's a mechanical clutch thats easy to fix. WHY DIDN"T YOU SAY SO??????? Pm me later and I will talk you through. It is very easy.

opee1:
Thanks for the advice. The adjustment at the clutch was an easy one. However, i still only have about an inch of travel on the lever from disengages to fully engaged. The lever is adjusted properly and now the clutch basket is. The bike is still down shifting rough at low rpm's but is smooth at high rpm's. Not sure what else to do other than change the tranny fluid again. A buddy of mine said I might have something binding up in the tranny, but I'd think that would make it hard to shift all the time. Help.

P.S. 00' FLHTCUI with mechanical clutch.

mfgreen:

--- Quote ---Thanks for the advice. The adjustment at the clutch was an easy one. However, i still only have about an inch of travel on the lever from disengages to fully engaged. The lever is adjusted properly and now the clutch basket is. The bike is still down shifting rough at low rpm's but is smooth at high rpm's. Not sure what else to do other than change the tranny fluid again. A buddy of mine said I might have something binding up in the tranny, but I'd think that would make it hard to shift all the time. Help.

P.S. 00' FLHTCUI with mechanical clutch.
--- End quote ---
OPEE,
I forget, what are you using for lubrication in the tranny?

Mike

opee1:
HD transmission fluid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version