CVO Technical > Drive Train

6 speed trans

(1/2) > >>

Assfault:
We went on a poker run the other day and I ran into a guy (just barley hit him) but he had a 6 speed trans in a 2001 road glide that i thought was pretty cool. I asked him questions about it. He said that it has been in for 3 years and his bike had 68000 miles on it. He said he only gets to use it on the interstate and it will keep the rpms at 2500 at 65 mph. I was just wonder if anyone else had this done to there bikes and if so how did they like it good or bad.

P.S. Just kidding about hitting that guy.

DCFIREMANN:
I have one in my 04 SEEG and I love it. He was right about the interstate but it does drop your RPM's by about 400 in 6th gear.

BE SAFE

THE DAWG

HUBBARD:

--- Quote ---I have one in my 04 SEEG and I love it. He was right about the interstate but it does drop your RPM's by about 400 in 6th gear.

BE SAFE

THE DAWG
--- End quote ---

Yeah, 'er 'uh, DAWG,
 My "Led Sled" with the HD 6-speed, displays 2400 RPM @ 70 MPH.  With the Original HD 5-speed, it displayed 3000RPM @ 70 MPH.  My question is, are the Engine and Clutch Hub Sprockets alike on an '04 SEEG, and an '02 Ultra Classic?  Please advise.  BTW, I really like my 6-speed, and it has been trouble free, to date.  Later--HUBBARD  

Twolanerider:

--- Quote ---
Yeah, 'er 'uh, DAWG,
  My "Led Sled" with the HD 6-speed, displays 2400 RPM @ 70 MPH.  With the Original HD 5-speed, it displayed 3000RPM @ 70 MPH.  My question is, are the Engine and Clutch Hub Sprockets alike on an '04 SEEG, and an '02 Ultra Classic?  Please advise.  BTW, I really like my 6-speed, and it has been trouble free, to date.  Later--HUBBARD  

--- End quote ---

Hub,
The way your motor is set up where is the happy point on the torque curve?  At 70 with the six speed are you considerably below it or actually working towards close ?

HUBBARD:

--- Quote ---
Hub,
The way your motor is set up where is the happy point on the torque curve?  At 70 with the six speed are you considerably below it or actually working towards close ?
--- End quote ---

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolanerider,
 The "Hallowed" Dyno-Sheet, reflects I would be 1600 RPMs below my BIG MOTOR'S  maximum torque of 135 ft. lbs. @ 4000 RPM.  The "Sweet Spot", or maximum performance level, which is where the Torque and Horsepower (120.8) cross each other, is @ 5200 RPM.  I'm not in the habit of running @70 MPH in 6th gear.  I just did that as a comparison.  With all the modifications that have been done to my BIG MOTOR, I realize I have forced my Engine reliability from 95-100%, down to 50-55%.  As the first five gears are identical in both transmissions, and 6th is nothing more than overdrive, I am confident the 6-speed will increase my percentages of reliability. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  Later--HUBBARD      

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version