CVO Technical > Drive Train

Auto Chain Adjuster

(1/7) > >>

STICKMAN:
I had to take off my inner primary because of a seal leak. While it's apart I was wondering if the new H-D Automatic primary chain adjuster PN# 40063-05 would be a good thing to throw in there.  I have heard from people that have the M-6 that the bike shifts a little smoother and quieter. Any thoughts?

grc:

--- Quote ---I had to take off my inner primary because of a seal leak. While it's apart I was wondering if the new H-D Automatic primary chain adjuster PN# 40063-05 would be a good thing to throw in there.
--- End quote ---

STICKMAN:
Thanks GRC, I was kind of leaning towards getting one.  Mine has always learched and clunked.   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] I think they are all about $100.00, so I might try the H-D. I'll let everyone know how it does.

geezerglide:
Stickman,

I was also thinking og getting the HD Chain Adjuster, however I atlked with a few people who installed them. Thye were not to happy, switched to Haydes or Hb125.

Also check outh the Harley Tech Talk (HTT) website, lot of discussion of not being that good, some of the members on this site are also members of HTT.

Check it out. I am going with the M6 or Hb125.

geezerglide

pappy2:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M6-PRIMARY-CHAIN-TENSIONER-BY-HAYDEN-ENTERPRISES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35557QQitemZ4567875975QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Here is the m6 on ebay for 81 w/shipping/ins no tax I have bought from Wallyworld before and worked out well.  I just ordered one now for my 05 banana

JP [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version