CVO Technical > Drive Train

Auto Chain Adjuster

<< < (2/7) > >>

STICKMAN:
I went with the Harley model for $100.00.  I thought they would honor fixing it if it failed or caused a different problem.  My dealer doesn't even want you changing your own oil, let alone put in a chain tensioner.  I havn't put it in yet as I'm still trying to decide if it's the seal in the inner primary or the main seal that's leaking.

Laker:

--- Quote ---I went with the Harley model for $100.00.
--- End quote ---

pappy2:
I actually like to work on the thing and prefer knowing how it all works so I have a better chance of  understanding what is going wrong when I am on the road.  My luck with dealer service has been not so good so far and I hope if I need to have a battle over warranty items some day I will be able to succeed.  In the mean time let everyone know how the harley thing works out and i will post how the m6 does when I get it on.  Be safe JP [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]

103_RK:
I bought a Hayden chain tensioner for my 98 Sportster and removed it right away because I didn't like the sound.  I later traded the Sportster on the 03 SERK.  I know the replacement due to sound seems picky but the material is different and it made a louder sound from the primary chain sliding accross a different material.  I sold it on ebay.  I am going to buy the Harley tensioner for this reason.

RedFXR2:
I installed a HB125 hydraulic chain tensioner about two years ago and it works great.  I've been wondering ever since why Harley didn't make one of their own.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version