CVO Technical > Drive Train

Harley's with Reverse???

(1/4) > >>

yellowhog:
A friend of mine is looking at purchasing a new 2009 Ultra.  He's unsure because he said that in 2011 Harley will probably come out with reverse for all those riders who can't back up their bikes on their own and maybe he should wait.  I say that if you can't handle it you shouldn't ride it.  In light of this, I thought I'd get some feedback from our forum members.  Do you think Harley should offer reverse gear on their motorcycles (excluding trikes)?

RedDevil:

--- Quote from: yellowhog on August 13, 2009, 08:45:36 PM ---A friend of mine is looking at purchasing a new 2009 Ultra.  He's unsure because he said that in 2011 Harley will probably come out with reverse for all those riders who can't back up their bikes on their own and maybe he should wait.  I say that if you can't handle it you shouldn't ride it.  In light of this, I thought I'd get some feedback from our forum members.  Do you think Harley should offer reverse gear on their motorcycles (excluding trikes)?

--- End quote ---

I would say definitely on a trike...that's a lot of bike to heft around.  To be honest, there are some parking situations that I've been in where an electric-type reverse, similar to that of anther touring bike, would have come in handy.  I wouldn't be opposed to them putting a reverse on the heavy tourers, but I wouldn't be upset if they didn't either...just would be one of those "nice to haves" in those isolated incidents where you get into a weird parking situation. 

:devil:

Georgehjr:
There are times I wish I had it

timo482:
i run a hd sidecar

if i had the bux id get a baker reverse - its one down for first, two down for reverse with a solenoid to keep you from doing it at stop signs...

of course what i REALLY want is a proper non ratchet 6 spd hand shift top and a proper foot clutch...

i can always dream cant i?

to

DICKW:

--- Quote from: RedDevil on August 13, 2009, 08:52:03 PM ---I would say definitely on a trike...that's a lot of bike to heft around.  To be honest, there are some parking situations that I've been in where an electric-type reverse, similar to that of anther touring bike, would have come in handy.  I wouldn't be opposed to them putting a reverse on the heavy tourers, but I wouldn't be upset if they didn't either...just would be one of those "nice to haves" in those isolated incidents where you get into a weird parking situation. 

:devil:

--- End quote ---

I am with you, if they were to offer it some would purchase it for the reasons stated.

I too have been in a pickle every now and then were it would have been nice to have, but I have learned to just be conscious and park elsewhere.
The one thing I hate is someone trying to help you and yanking on your TP.........WTF

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version