CVO Technical > Drive Train

Hard to start when warm

(1/2) > >>

uawman:
I've got a 04 SEEG with 10:1 pistons, 48mm Delphi, 55g cams, flowed and ported heads (BDI), and a Bakers DDS6.
When the bike is first started it starts up immediately.  Once it's warmed up after riding and I go to re-start (like filling up at a gas station) it takes about 3-5 tries to start up. Question, is the compression too high and creates a drag once warmed up or is the starter too weak to push through since it's hot. Invest in a starter or compression releases?

grc:

--- Quote from: uawman on September 25, 2009, 09:20:40 AM ---I've got a 04 SEEG with 10:1 pistons, 48mm Delphi, 55g cams, flowed and ported heads (BDI), and a Bakers DDS6.
When the bike is first started it starts up immediately.  Once it's warmed up after riding and I go to re-start (like filling up at a gas station) it takes about 3-5 tries to start up. Question, is the compression too high and creates a drag once warmed up or is the starter too weak to push through since it's hot. Invest in a starter or compression releases?

--- End quote ---

Check the easy stuff first.  Battery cables for voltage drop (lots of issues over the years with corrosion hidden inside the insulation, for instance), battery load test. 

Jerry

uawman:
Maybe, I've got one of those real flexible (read expensive) cables I have from a chopper build.  I'll give an update when I've tested it (tomorrow).

uawman:
Changed cables with the same results.
Now on to the battery load test.

uawman:
Could this be caused by mapping?  It starts easy when it's cold and runs great otherwise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version