CVO Technical > Drive Train

How many miles before the drive belt should be changed?

(1/2) > >>

JCZ:
I know the belts are designed (manufactured) differently now and supposed to be much more reliable than they were back in the 80s.  My question is with belt guards in place and wearing evenly.......at what mileage should we consider just changing it out as good preventative maintenance?  What do you guys think?

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: JCZ on October 06, 2009, 08:56:13 PM ---I know the belts are designed (manufactured) differently now and supposed to be much more reliable than they were back in the 80s.  My question is with belt guards in place and wearing evenly.......at what mileage should we consider just changing it out as good preventative maintenance?  What do you guys think?

--- End quote ---

If they've not broken and don't show damage/rot just keep running it JC.

bbrown:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on October 06, 2009, 09:02:58 PM ---If they've not broken and don't show damage/rot just keep running it JC.

--- End quote ---

i agree

UFO_HOG:
I had a tech at my dealership, one I trust very much, tell me as long as it doesn't get damaged by a rock or debris to run it to 100k before worrying about changing it.

2018_FLTRXSE:
I was told 70K by the tech at the dealer... then upon doing a 95" build on my old fatboy, the tech blew the belt on the test run...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version