CVO Technical > Drive Train

anyone have a clutch issue?

(1/6) > >>

bbowler:
   I just got my cvo sg 2010 and i do love it, however I just had them take it to the shop because it was very tight in down shifting from 3-2, 2-1. Way beyond being "new" tight. I also with the clutch pulled all the way in had the bike creep on me and no matter what it kept pilling till I killed it, neutral was almost impossible to get into unless i was rolling.  I figure there might be air in the hydraulic clutch line or resevoir, who knows. Anyone else have any clutch issues?

:pepper: :cucumber: :soapbox:

sportygordy:

--- Quote from: bbowler on October 06, 2009, 10:32:04 PM ---   I just got my cvo sg 2010 and i do love it, however I just had them take it to the shop because it was very tight in down shifting from 3-2, 2-1. Way beyond being "new" tight. I also with the clutch pulled all the way in had the bike creep on me and no matter what it kept pilling till I killed it, neutral was almost impossible to get into unless i was rolling.  I figure there might be air in the hydraulic clutch line or resevoir, who knows. Anyone else have any clutch issues?

:pepper: :cucumber: :soapbox:

--- End quote ---

You needs some clutch adjustments. How much gap do you have between the back clutch level handle and clutch level housing when not engaged.

hondo:
Yes from what I see this is a very common problem on these bikes, my cvosg did the same thing and I also dropped a line on this forum, bleed the clutch which made things work better could actualy find N on about 3 tries, Then with feedback from the great minds on this forum I was convinced into changing the trans fluid to Spectro vtwin trans 75-140 and let me tell you,
what a difference, much easier shifting and a lot quieter. (since then I also changed the crankcase to Royal Purple syn 20-50 another big improvment)
You will find that as you put some miles on your new bike most of the rattles and clunks etc seem to work themselves out, I have 900 miles now and every time I ride, it seems more enjoyable.  Maybe the MoCo should break these in for us! it would settle a few nerves...
Oh ya, I had to have my battery changed under warr already, so don't be surprised!

mjb765:
Had the same issues and changed to Redline Shockproof in the trans and Redline vtwin primary fluid and the problems went away!!! Good Stuff :2vrolijk_21:

grc:

If the clutch is dragging enough to affect shifting and force you to kill the engine when stopping in gear, that's not going to be fixed by a change of trans fluid.  You're on the right track with the air in the line comment, that's the first thing to check and it has been a fairly common issue since H-D started installing hydraulic clutches.  There have also been instances of defective actuators (the part under the trans side cover) that wouldn't provide full travel of the clutch release rod, but those are relatively rare.  If a thorough bleeding of the system doesn't help, the dealer needs to measure the travel of the release rod against the specification.

Jerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version