CVO Technical > Drive Train

Belray Gear saver in Primary ????

(1/1)

DESERTBEAR54:
My local Dealer sold me Belray Gear Saver oil and yesterday I drained the tranny and primary and put it in both holes? Will I damage the Primary or has anyone used Gear Saver in the Primary?? Freaking Out!!!!!!!!!!!!

hd-dude:
I would not use a gear lube in the primary unless it is listed for wet clutch use

sadunbar:

--- Quote from: DESERTBEAR54 on October 26, 2009, 04:58:42 PM ---My local Dealer sold me Belray Gear Saver oil and yesterday I drained the tranny and primary and put it in both holes? Will I damage the Primary or has anyone used Gear Saver in the Primary?? Freaking Out!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

From the Belray website:

Question:
I ride a 2009 FLTRSE3, Screamin’ Eagle Road Glide with a 110 motor. I am using Gear Saver in the Tranny now but want a high end 100% synthetic for the primary and motor, what do you recommend and where can I purchase it from? My fellow Eagle Riders are anxiously awaiting my feedback. Many of them are using Redline Heavy Shock now in the tranny and either Amsoil or Mobil 1 V-twin in the motors. The biggest issues with these motors is heat and noisy trannys.

Answer:
Thanks for writing in. Bel-Ray V-Twin Synthetic Motor Oil 10W-50 full synthetic engine oil is the very best we have. (This is also packaged as Bel-Ray EXS Synthetic Superbike Motor Oil 10W-50). We recommend two different Gear Saver products for your Road Glide. First for the transmission, we recommend Bel-Ray Big Twin Transmission Oil or Bel-Ray Gear Saver Hypoid Gear Oil 85W-140. These two products are the same gear oil in different packages. The Hypoid Gear Oil 85W-140 will provide the lubrication needed for the bearings, shafts and gears while helping to quiet down the gear whine these transmissions make. For the primary we recommend Bel-Ray Primary Chaincase Lubricant or Bel-Ray Gear Saver Transmission Oil 80W. Again these two products are the same gear oil only different packages. The Gear Saver Motorcylce Transmission Oil is formulated for the wet clutch performance and will provide excellent clutch performance and wear reduction.This is a premium petroleum product. To find a local dealer, try the dealer locator on www.parts-unlimited.com or www.powersportsrider.com (Tucker Rocky). Just type in your zip code. We sell to these large distributors who ship to the dealers, so we don’t know what the local guys have on their shelves. If you are comfortable ordering online, search for "Bel-Ray" and you should find many dealers that carry us. Thanks for using Bel-Ray Performance Products

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version