CVO Technical > Drive Train

Loose drive belt. Third time!

(1/3) > >>

16HD117:
I was cleaning the bike this weekend and noticed that the drive belt was extremely loose.  This is the third time it's happend since having the rear tire changed at 21K.  I have 33k now. 

Haven't taken it back to the dealer yet.  Wanted to get some advise here first. 

The first time that I found it loose I thought that the dealer just didn't adjust it properly when they replaced the tire.  Second time it was so loose that the belt would slip on hard acceleration.  After adjusting it the second time the dealer assured me that it was adjusted properly and axle nut torqued to specs.  They also said that nothing was bent, stretched, missing, etc.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

:nixweiss:   

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: 07hd110 on October 26, 2009, 07:06:34 PM ---I was cleaning the bike this weekend and noticed that the drive belt was extremely loose.  This is the third time it's happend since having the rear tire changed at 21K.  I have 33k now. 

Haven't taken it back to the dealer yet.  Wanted to get some advise here first. 

The first time that I found it loose I thought that the dealer just didn't adjust it properly when they replaced the tire.  Second time it was so loose that the belt would slip on hard acceleration.  After adjusting it the second time the dealer assured me that it was adjusted properly and axle nut torqued to specs.  They also said that nothing was bent, stretched, missing, etc.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

:nixweiss:   

--- End quote ---

With the exception of bikes with chromed swingarms have never had one simply slip without some other factor also being in play.

VANAMAL:
i have- the secret is to make sure that you hold the axle nut while tightening the other side. it wants to move when you finally cinch it down. easy w/2 people :bananarock:

16HD117:

--- Quote from: VANAMAL on October 26, 2009, 09:04:34 PM ---i have- the secret is to make sure that you hold the axle nut while tightening the other side. it wants to move when you finally cinch it down. easy w/2 people :bananarock:

--- End quote ---

Thanks!
 :2vrolijk_21:

LarryB:
if you don't secure the left side while tightening the right it will loosen.
 i use a large crescent wrench and lock it in place while torquing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version