Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Passenger highway pegs on a CVO dresser  (Read 3438 times)

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
Passenger highway pegs on a CVO dresser
« on: April 21, 2016, 01:23:45 AM »

Does anyone know of a way to put passenger highway pegs on the CVO rear boards without changing out the CVO footboards?

I have seen them on a couple bikes but not a CVO and can't seem to find any on the interweb for a CVO dresser.

Cheers Tom

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
Re: Passenger highway pegs on a CVO dresser
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 07:35:25 AM »

Tom, If I'm not mistaken, the only pass footrest, aka SlutPegs, that fit the CVO models is the Kuryakyn brand. Thats why I put the non adjustable mounting arm from a SG Special, to be able to use the HD version of these.

I had the Kury's on my '10 UC and '09 RG. Have the HD piece on my '15 with the straight arms and not the curved adjustable CVO arms.

Cheers,
Paul

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 04:35:13 PM »

Tom, If I'm not mistaken, the only pass footrest, aka SlutPegs, that fit the CVO models is the Kuryakyn brand. Thats why I put the non adjustable mounting arm from a SG Special, to be able to use the HD version of these.

I had the Kury's on my '10 UC and '09 RG. Have the HD piece on my '15 with the straight arms and not the curved adjustable CVO arms.

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks Paul,

Will look into getting some SG mounts. Did you need to change your boards as well or is it just the curved adjustable section?

Cheers Tom

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 07:40:21 PM »

Actually Chuck (14CVOUltra) has a set on his '14 without changing anything. We looked at that last year at the NRG GTG. Our '15s have a different mount for the floorboard but I'm sure the '14 mount would not be an issue.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:17:55 PM »

I have the Kuryakn Passenger adjustable foot pegs on my 13 CVO Ultra Classic and still have the OEM floorboards however, they were already on this bike when I bought it.  I've had the same thing on my 2010 CVO Street Glide and my 04 CVO SEEG.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/3883/retractable-passenger-pegs
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:20:21 PM »

It shows them for a 2016 Limited but doesn't show for a CVO Ultra Classic  :nixweiss:      http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/3883/retractable-passenger-pegs
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 09:41:28 PM »

It shows them for a 2016 Limited but doesn't show for a CVO Ultra Classic  :nixweiss:      http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/3883/retractable-passenger-pegs
They changed the mounting brackets on the Rushmore models. The '14s have mounts that the correct Kury part will work on. The '15s don't. I've seen it in person. It all comes down to having the adjustable floorboards.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 09:58:24 PM »

They changed the mounting brackets on the Rushmore models. The '14s have mounts that the correct Kury part will work on. The '15s don't. I've seen it in person. It all comes down to having the adjustable floorboards.

Mike is correct..... not sure why HD would change the design of the passenger floorboard mounts on the 15/16 bikes, the 14's look similar but upon closer inspection they are designed slightly different. Kuryakyn makes an adjustable passenger highway peg that fits the 14 and older CVO's, not the new ones.  :nixweiss:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 10:10:53 PM »

Somebody might shoot a quick letter to Kuryakn to find out their plan/release date for the passenger adjustable foot pegs for the Rushmore models?  I'd be very surprised if they're going to let those customers slip out of their hands......I'm pretty sure they've already got something in the works.  :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 05:09:03 AM »

Somebody might shoot a quick letter to Kuryakn to find out their plan/release date for the passenger adjustable foot pegs for the Rushmore models?  I'd be very surprised if they're going to let those customers slip out of their hands......I'm pretty sure they've already got something in the works.  :nixweiss:

Have done JCZ and the reply was nothing yet.......

Cheers Tom

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 09:06:57 PM »

I spoke with them in Daytona at Biketoberfest, they said they didn't have anything in the works ....Since this issue is CVO specific maybe the market just isn't there.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »

Have done JCZ and the reply was nothing yet.......

Cheers Tom

They need more letters from guys riding the Rushmore models, asking for them.  They'll do it damn quick if the MoCo makes all the baggers wet heads in 2017.

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.