Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got my Deuce and....  (Read 3586 times)

hillie16

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2004 SE Deuce
Got my Deuce and....
« on: August 26, 2016, 01:17:09 PM »

it's not quite in as great a condition as it was purported to be. I do understand it's a 12 year old bike that spend it's life in Florida and has 13,000 miles though. There is a dent along the bottom edge of the tank that wasn't mention, though now if I zoom in one one of the pictures in the auction it is just barely visible. The rear fender is rusting and has spiderweb cracks in the paint. And the black part of the dash, where the CVO logo is, the clear coat is all liftin and peeling, along with the plastic window looking all corroded over the indicator lights (neutral light etc.) I'm guessing that there is no old stock of this stuff left at Harley too, right? The chrome is peeling off the footpegs too, but I'm not worried about replacing those with something other than stock. Still though, it's the bike I've always wanted, and with the price I paid for it, I'm pretty excited to finally have it.

Of course it was pouring down rain, and I was at work when it finally arrived. Luckily they agreed to change the delivery point to the parking lot of work, and a coworker brought his enclosed trailer so I didn't have to leave it sit in the rain in the parking lot all day.

Here's the main issues, I've already got a replacement for the indicator lights. I don't see where I'd get the rest though, swap meets or something maybe.

hillie16

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Re: Got my Deuce and....
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »

hillie16

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »

hillie16

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 01:19:30 PM »

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 02:24:07 PM »

I have the 2003, I have had great luck at local paint shops in fixing both fenders on my ride over the years. Take the parts off, they fix and blend in the color and re-clear the entire piece. Not free, but good.

I had a chip from some sort of damage on the rear fender, few years later corrosion on the front fender. Both repairs there is no evidence at all of the repairs.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.