Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Upgrade 2016 CVO RGU to Boom! Stage II Audio  (Read 20829 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Upgrade 2016 CVO RGU to Boom! Stage II Audio
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 08:48:55 PM »

I was reading reviews on the HD website last night, and many were not good, but some were.  One was very detailed on how he got the best sound.

"I have been installing car audio for 20 years. I wanted a system that was fully covered under warranty and did not want to pull apart a brand new CVO Road Glide...or switch out the NICE GPS and NICE BIG Screen on the bike. I decided to install the Stage II Speakers...fronts and rear tour pack...added the second amp (under tour pack) and the system sounds great! It already had the Stage I (Stage I speakers and one amp in the fairing)...now I have two amps and the upgraded speakers. The system works great...I am NOT having an "Clipping" issues or any issues with the amp "Turning off". I did some research and you NEED TO MAKE SURE THE DEALERSHIP flashes and installs the system as noted by HD. Now all my speakers and amps are fully covered and under warranty. YOU MUST ALSO ADJUST THE BASS AND TREBLE...at higher volumes...the bass is too much and it distorts (would make any 6 inch speaker distort...a 6 inch is not a subwoofer). My Bass is four below half....and my treble is at the half mark. The fader is set to one forward (one mark to the fairing speakers). I have noticed the rear speakers put out a lot more bass...then they distort. To correct the issue...fade "one" mark forward...issue corrected. The system sounds awesome. I am very pleased."

So after flash, I am going to try this.
Mac, is this going to be a winter project? I'd like to hear it next spring. Would be nice to meet up somewhere between us for lunch.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 09:08:02 PM »

OBB,

That is definitely doable.  Canton is what, three hrs from me?  We could meet somewhere like Mansfield. I was debating putting the bike in storage for the winter, but my garage is big enough to keep it home.  Got the email today that my parts were shipped, so if I am lucky, it may be done in the next couple of weeks.
2016 CVO RGU, Stardust Silver/Palladium Silver, VH Pipes and American Custom headers, VH Tuner, Klock Werks windshield, Harley Boom II Sound System

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 09:52:08 PM »

OBB,

That is definitely doable.  Canton is what, three hrs from me?  We could meet somewhere like Mansfield. I was debating putting the bike in storage for the winter, but my garage is big enough to keep it home.  Got the email today that my parts were shipped, so if I am lucky, it may be done in the next couple of weeks.
Mansfield is doable. Straight across 30 for me. A little over an hour. We'll see if you get it done yet this fall and we have a day before the salt hits the road to meet up.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 11:03:03 PM »

im interested in doing mine so waiting to hear your thoughts, also have you considered the lower fairing speakers? i cant seem to find two people with the same answer on that install... only stage 2... need a 3rd amp ???? thnx
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 11:52:02 PM »

Considered...yes.  Aside from maybe some high end, since the radiators are in there, I don't know what I would really gain.  Same with the saddlebag speakers, and while they would have more bass, I really like having my packing room for touring.  Plus by adding those, you have to upgrade the charging system.  I liked my Boom! upgrade I did on my '08 Ultra, 4 speakers and tour pack amp, it was decent, but still lacked bass even with the tour pack ports.  I don't want a ground shaker, but a little thump would be nice.
2016 CVO RGU, Stardust Silver/Palladium Silver, VH Pipes and American Custom headers, VH Tuner, Klock Werks windshield, Harley Boom II Sound System

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 03:29:00 PM »

HD has lower fairing speaker kit now...for the rush more w/rads they appear to be stage 2 speaker

billy421

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2016 Limited
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 11:37:51 PM »

yes the amp is available, but there is no mounting kit after the year 2013

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 11:56:32 PM »

taking my bike in on the 14th to Street Noyz in San Diego who do the best cleanest instals on MC's I personally have ever seen. Will do Focal EC 165 K in lowers, ES 165 KX2 in fairing, ARC 600 series amp in fairing, Arc Moto 692 in lids with Fosgate amp in spot where current amp sits.
Cant wait!!
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 11:57:33 PM »

taking my bike in on the 14th to Street Noyz in San Diego who do the best cleanest instals on MC's I personally have ever seen. Will do Focal EC 165 K in lowers, ES 165 KX2 in fairing, ARC 600 series amp in fairing, Arc Moto 692 in lids with Fosgate amp in spot where current amp sits.
Cant wait!!
Didn't mean to jack this thread, sorry!
Alan

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 04:50:49 PM »

No prb. Been looking into the ark/focal set up also

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 09:43:15 PM »

yes the amp is available, but there is no mounting kit after the year 2013

Billy...I am sitting here at my desk looking at HD part #76000585, amp install kit for '14+, Stage II, rear.  I have it in my lap, so it does exist for the '14 ups.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 11:18:28 PM »

Billy...I am sitting here at my desk looking at HD part #76000585, amp install kit for '14+, Stage II, rear.  I have it in my lap, so it does exist for the '14 ups.
In the bag or under the tour pack?

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 11:28:12 PM »

In the bag or under the tour pack?

Under the tour pack.  It looks virtually identical to the one I had on my 08 Ultra, connector wise and such.  I can snap a pic if it will help anyone.  It's basically a fairly substantial harness and a small bag of hardware and mounting items.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 07:30:54 AM »

Under the tour pack.  It looks virtually identical to the one I had on my 08 Ultra, connector wise and such.  I can snap a pic if it will help anyone.  It's basically a fairly substantial harness and a small bag of hardware and mounting items.
Had one on my '11 and was wondering if it was the same setup.

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »

Had one on my '11 and was wondering if it was the same setup.

Thought I would go ahead and post the pic anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.