Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Upgrade 2016 CVO RGU to Boom! Stage II Audio  (Read 20729 times)

chinesepizzaman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: Upgrade 2016 CVO RGU to Boom! Stage II Audio
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2018, 12:23:48 AM »

Question... have a 2014 CVO Limited, all the parts i am going to mention are HD products and parts. All speakers, wiring are stage 1. I bought speakers and a saddle bag amp. I installed most of it myself. Except for 4 plugs that i cant seem to figure out where they go and the dealership cant figure it out either. Took it in so they could flash it, the computer recognized that there are 2 amps uploaded the stereo and the first amp that is installed in the bat wing, but did not do the download for the 2nd amp. Just pissed away $250 for 2 hours of work at a HD shop and they couldn't figure it out. So i reaching out to see if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone has installed a 2nd amp into a CVO stage 1......any help is appreciated

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Re: Upgrade 2016 CVO RGU to Boom! Stage II Audio
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2018, 01:46:06 PM »

Question... have a 2014 CVO Limited, all the parts i am going to mention are HD products and parts. All speakers, wiring are stage 1. I bought speakers and a saddle bag amp. I installed most of it myself. Except for 4 plugs that i cant seem to figure out where they go and the dealership cant figure it out either. Took it in so they could flash it, the computer recognized that there are 2 amps uploaded the stereo and the first amp that is installed in the bat wing, but did not do the download for the 2nd amp. Just pissed away $250 for 2 hours of work at a HD shop and they couldn't figure it out. So i reaching out to see if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone has installed a 2nd amp into a CVO stage 1......any help is appreciated
My experience is with the 2015 road Glide, so not sure if the wiring is identical. Performed most of the Stage II upgrade myself and encountered a similar problem with "under-identified" plugs :nixweiss:! When the tech had troubles with getting the flash to recognize the second amp (Tourpak), through trial & error, he discovered I'd missed connecting the (poorly identified) #10 connection. Done a while back so don't remember details any longer, but hope this diagram helps :2vrolijk_21:.
Dennis
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 22 queries.