Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soundz Customz Audio Upgrade  (Read 2962 times)

MACHD13

• 2013 CVO ROAD GLIDE
Soundz Customz Audio Upgrade
« on: May 21, 2017, 03:44:58 PM »

Just had Peter and the folks at http://soundzcustomz.com/ install fairing and Lid speakers and Amp, man what a difference, also found out from Peter that MP3 music has better sound quality than the IPOD. (News to me, thought that they were all the same) Crystal Clear and loud, what a damn difference it makes while riding. 
When I have the front fairing off I will take pictures of the set-up.   I am using the Aquatic AV head unit.

2013 CVO Road Glide
Vance and Hines Power Duals--High Out Put Mufflers
SERT
Mustang Solo Seat With Riders Back Rest

luc.who

• Senior CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Slate gray/Black
Re: Soundz Customz Audio Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »

Been thinking of this upgrade.  What speakers did you go with and what is the amp rated at?  Did you remove the amp from the  rear bag?
2012 FLHXSE3 Slate Gray/ Diamond Black
Drago Heads & 580 Cams
118 HP and 125 TQ
Built & Tuned by Wide Open Cycles in Virginia
TTS Master Tuner
Fullsac DX Header
Rinehart 4inch slip ons

MACHD13

• 2013 CVO ROAD GLIDE
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 05:40:34 PM »

Been thinking of this upgrade.  What speakers did you go with and what is the amp rated at?  Did you remove the amp from the  rear bag?
Went with the Carbon 65's in the fairing, plus they replaced the tweeters in the fairing, Iron 57 in the bags, used Soundz SC 4-100 AMP. (Paper Work show 680 W)
SERT

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 07:04:11 PM »

Pete's the best.  End of story. . :2vrolijk_21:  Stuart.

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 05:27:22 PM »

Pete's the best.  End of story. . :2vrolijk_21:  Stuart.

He did my system in the '11 SERGU, had blown speakers twice, he shipped new ones with return slip, no cost.

I made a mistake on that bike by replacing the head unit, the first Sony I had installed, I could not see the screen, switched that out for another Sony and not much better.

I am thinking of going Boom Audio stage II, the bass response even on the stage I I have is awesome for a bike and I do not want to risk losing the audio quality.

The first time the wife rode on the '11 after I spent almost $3K on the audio upgrade she said "The stock stereo sounded better"

I think I had to agree with her even though it broke my heart.

I think the Boom Audio on my '16 SERGU sounds really good, maybe not all that loud, but MOCO really started paying attention to the acoustics IMHO

MACHD13

• 2013 CVO ROAD GLIDE
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:24:57 PM »

He did my system in the '11 SERGU, had blown speakers twice, he shipped new ones with return slip, no cost.

I made a mistake on that bike by replacing the head unit, the first Sony I had installed, I could not see the screen, switched that out for another Sony and not much better.

I am thinking of going Boom Audio stage II, the bass response even on the stage I I have is awesome for a bike and I do not want to risk losing the audio quality.

The first time the wife rode on the '11 after I spent almost $3K on the audio upgrade she said "The stock stereo sounded better"

I think I had to agree with her even though it broke my heart.

I think the Boom Audio on my '16 SERGU sounds really good, maybe not all that loud, but MOCO really started paying attention to the acoustics IMHO

I can't say enough how great mine sounds now with Soundz Customz, sounds helluva allot louder and clearer than the boom system that came on the bike.  I have the aquatic av in mine, screen is hard to see in the bright sun, but as long as it is playing clear and loud that's all that I care about.
But Different strokes for different folks. 
SERT

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.