Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: customize able  (Read 970 times)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: customize able
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »

I remember a few years ago H-D tried a sort of customizable Sportster program where you could order a bike with various options factory installed.
I felt years before that they should try it across the whole line with an option catalog at time of ordering a bike so that the new owner could get it truly the way they want it, at a reasonable price (hopefully) and when the bike arrives it would be just turn the key and ride experience.
I know the dealership looses money on modifying the new bike up front but feel it would eliminate some of the service backups some owners experience when they bring a bike in for repairs or maintenance and in the long run they could maintain a happy customer base that might be loyal.
The truly order it custom program would also decrease the inventory of parts need to stock by dealers or H-D and would have to save them money in the long run trying to figure in advance what the public likes and is willing to pay for.....

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: customize able
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 10:57:25 AM »

Harley appears to be getting ripe for a takeover.  As to who my guess is some foreign company with an eye on the American MC market for their product. Probably wrong, but HD is drifting no doubt & losing market share is very bad ju ju.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.