Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oil Coolers  (Read 1637 times)

snowrider13

• Full CVO Member
Oil Coolers
« on: February 21, 2018, 12:48:21 PM »

Looking to replace my 6 row Jagg low mount with 2 of the vertical 10 row Jaggs that mount on the frame down tubes. Bike is equiped with a Fueling race pump and current hot run pressure is #45 @ crusing speeds. Has anyone else done this? Can the coolers be mounted on either tube and look ok? Any issues with pressure drop? Slight leak and moving to a hotter climate are my reasons for doing this. Bike is an 2003 R/K with a S&S 111. Lets see what the pros think. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:46:35 AM by snowrider13 »

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
Re: Oil Coolers
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 08:13:55 AM »

Looking to replace my 6 row Jagg low mount with 2 of the vertical 10 row Jaggs that mount on the frame down tubes. Bike is equiped with a Fueling race pump and current hot run pressure is #45 @ crusing speeds. Has anyone else done this? Can the coolers be mounted on either tube and look ok? Any issues with pressure drop? Slight leak and moving to a hotter climate are my reasons for doing this. Bike is an 2003 R/K with a S&S 111. Lets see what the pros think. Thanks.
I'm no "pro" but maybe I can help a little. I have a HD oil cooler between the down tubes and a Jagg 10 row at the side. No problems with pressure. Also have Love Jugs Mighty Mite. The head fan would be a better bet than two oil coolers in my opinion. My Breakout has a 117 kit and the EMTIS would kick on in a matter of minutes at idle in hot weather. After I had the cooling fans installed I parked the bike in the sun on an 85 degree day and let it idle for 10 minutes. EMTIS never came on. Not a major test but it satisfied me. The fans really do work and the Mighty Mites are so small they really don't take away from the look of my bike.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 08:45:31 AM »

Since the oil pressure sensor is upstream of the cooler and filter, you won't see a pressure drop on the regular gauge.  I assume you plan to set the coolers up in series, with the oil going through one and then going to the second one.  There will be a pressure drop, but I have no idea how much.  Your best bet would be to talk to a knowledgeable person at Jagg.  Have you figured out how you would run the lines to each cooler?  If you care how things look, you have to take all those lines into account, not just the coolers.

You might want to consider the ten row Jagg low mount with or without a cooling fan; they make it both ways.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 07:09:31 PM »

I have a Harley cooler, with 3 fans, one LaNale, and the Wards fans, works out fine

snowrider13

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 05:00:20 PM »

Talked to Jagg, they said no problem. Was hoping to get a pic of someone who did the same. Curious of how the right side cooler is situated.

CVCVORG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE BLUE
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 10:45:33 AM »

I have a Harley cooler, with 3 fans, one LaNale, and the Wards fans, works out fine

Can you share the part number for the center Harley fan?
Did it come with the CVO medallion?

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 05:33:01 AM »

The middle fan is a LaNale I purchase from eBay, then I tired the wiring in to the Wards fans which includes a thermostat, I also used epoxy on the connections of the LaNale fan, the stock ones have a tendency to break, as far as the CVO emblem, I went to the dealer gave my VIN and purchased one that can go on the rear fender. I aslo purchase a horn and placed it on the frame rails above the oil cooler. 

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.