Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Second post here: looking for info  (Read 779 times)

jordanI

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

Second post here: looking for info
« on: May 07, 2018, 07:00:28 PM »

Hello everyone, glad to be apart of such a knowledgeable community and helpful, inciteful people.

Been riding for a few years on a hand-me-down sportster but Ive been looking at big bikes since the first of march. The pro streets have my attention and have been looking and pricing around since. Local dealer has a 2016 white 420 miles asking $19,995 asked what they will go down to and immediately dropped $1k off the price; left it at that and kept looking. Few weeks go by and a 16 black pops up with the 117ci kit installed 3800 miles for $23k. Dealer with the 117ci kit said no warranty on motor, other has warranty. Assuming I could get the bike with the 117ci kit for less than asking would it be worth the risk for the upgraded engine? thanks

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Second post here: looking for info
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 07:28:09 PM »

Without more information on exactly what was done and by whom, that's quite a gamble.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

jordanI

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

Re: Second post here: looking for info
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:28:47 PM »

I will have to call tomorrow and see what they say as far as who done it. Thinking back I feel like the sales guy said it was done in house. He was hesitant to say it did have a warranty even if it was done it was about a month ago when I spoke to him.   

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.