Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 FLTRUSE Bushtec hitch question  (Read 1735 times)

Cnjherd

• OR

• CVO1: Smokey - 2011 FLTRUCE
2011 FLTRUSE Bushtec hitch question
« on: May 31, 2018, 11:55:26 PM »

So just installed my Bushtec hitch.  Really worried about the proximity of the back of the hitch to my tire.  Of course I will call Bushtec tech support tomorrow but I was hoping some of you would be able to shed some light for me.  Is this distance acceptable?

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 2011 FLTRUSE Bushtec hitch question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 09:24:35 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

I bought a Bushtec hitch for the same model series as my CVO and had a similar issue.

When talking to Bushtec they told me that on the CVO the rear mounting loop was relocated 1" to the rear.

I took off my stock plate and did an AutoCAD drawing and moved the loop back 1".  Then took it out to the water jet and cut a new 1/4" plate and bolted it in.

Bushtec sells just the plates.  So if the hitch bolts up to the bike, which it looks like it does, just buy the new lower plate for your application.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 07:04:58 PM »

Not sure what version fits on your bike but this is a V-3 on a roadglide. Plate and mounting looks different than yours so guessing you required a different version. At closest point I have 5/8" between the plate and a new tire. No problems.
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Cnjherd

• OR

• CVO1: Smokey - 2011 FLTRUCE
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 07:23:51 PM »

Bushtec says they have not heard of this issue.  I have the 18" rear wheel.  he did say that the v3 would give me more clearance because it sits down lower.  They did say it should be at least 1/2" clearance.  I may just pull it and look at making more clearance myself...

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 11:08:40 PM »

Bushtec says they have not heard of this issue.  I have the 18" rear wheel.  he did say that the v3 would give me more clearance because it sits down lower.  They did say it should be at least 1/2" clearance.  I may just pull it and look at making more clearance myself...

I run the 18 rear also, with that 5/8 clearance. My suggestion would be lay a Sharpie against the tire and mark the profile on the plate. Remove the plate and cut the mark off.
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 22 queries.