Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Apple and non-factory parts  (Read 761 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Apple and non-factory parts
« on: September 27, 2018, 06:34:07 PM »

Took my wife's iPhone 6S to the 'Genius Bar' yesterday for a battery replacement as it had been acting up.  Come to learn that there was a 'quality improvement' program for it and the new battery was without any charge.

While there I asked about replacing the battery on my older iPhone 6 since Apple is currently offering that for only $29.95 until the end of the year.  After going through all the diagnostics the rep asked me to sign authorizing the replacement saying it could be more if they found damage, etc., or if I had non-Apple parts.  I tole him I did have a replacement battery from several years ago - a Ray-O-Vac from Batteries Plus.  that immediately stopped the process and he informed me that he could not work on my iPhone - ever for any reason since I had a non-Apple part in it.  LOL I didn't even tell him that I'd had the charging port replaced by a third party electronics store for $55 vs the Apple charge of $299.

So anyway just be aware that Apple is a lot like the moco - put non-factory parts in/on at your peril.  At least Harley will work on your bike if you pay.  Apple, no.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.