Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Water in the turn signals, dealer service not helpful at all  (Read 9925 times)

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
Re: Water in the turn signals, dealer service not helpful at all
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 11:42:50 AM »

Ahh, the power of radio! Keep us posted and good luck!  :2vrolijk_21:
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 11:45:37 AM »

blowncobra, that's a heckuva story there.  Sorry about all the trouble over such a simple install as the oil pressure gauge.  Your bike looks a lot like mine after one of the oil cooler lines blew off the fitting on me last fall.  If it helps, there is some discussion in this thread that I started back then about any possible damage caused by running the bike with no oil pressure: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=8595.0  FWIW, I've run my bike for about 1,400 miles since then with no problems.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 11:48:09 AM »

Just realized one question Cobra.  Did they just leave the oil line such that it was close to the pipe then accidentally got against it?  Or did they actually purposefully (stupidly) route the thing so close that it had to burn through?

Jacktrician69

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 02:33:37 PM »

I'm glad someone addressed this situation......I have an '07 FXDSE and not only does the directional get moist on the inside....but when I wash the bike, the left side direction won't work for a few days after  :nixweiss:  Why is it that Harley has such a hard time getting it's designs right??   I mean honestly....I bought a brand new bike, and I can't even take a left after washing my ride ???   :soapbox:  The MoCo says we " have to live with it" ??  What the hell kind  of answer is that ???  I know the problem with mine, is not in the bulb, because the 4way flashers all work fine....so, on my bike, I beleive it's either in the switch, or in the harness somewhere.....I figure I'll let the dealer have a shot at it when it goes in for it's 1,000 mile check-up...if the problem happens after that, I'll find it and take care of it myself.....it's not lkike I've never wrenched a Harley before...HAHAHAHA 8)

Tros

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 11:03:18 PM »

Well the bags were ordered when the Bike was purchased, i will post the part numbers as soon as i pull up the paper work BUT i went to pick my bike up Friday evening and what a nightmare that turned into! I arrive at the dealer and only 1 saddle bag is mounted, advising me that the right side will not fit unless i change the exhaust, no big deal i have V&H ordered and supposedly the V&H big tube shorties will allow clearance. I will let you know that as soon as they arrive. At the same time this dealer installed the Harley oil pressure gauge kit that mounts to the rocker box, welllllll, 3 miles from the dealer the bike pukes the oil out of it! because the tech routed the oil pressure line up against the front header pipe DUHHHHH!, after calling the dealer from the side of the road and no manager having the nads to talk to me, the receptionist tells me that they will send a tow truck to pick it up and since they close in 1/2 an hour the tow company will store it and then take the bike to the dealer in the morning. NOT! called my son and asked him to bring the bike trailer to pick me up, the rear tire was saturated, can you say slippery! disgusted with this BS way i was treated, i called back before they closed and advised them they would not get this bike back to service and i would allow them a one time inspection of the bike as to verify for themselves what happened, now all of a sudden the assistant service manager is available and says she will come to the roadside and inspect it, so she shows up, my son arrives with the trailer about the same time, i am snapping digital photos of the bike, the roadway etc, she pulls the dipstick and says hmmmm, no oil on dipstick, then starts it up, i am like are you stupid or what!, i immediately shut it down, she says i was just trying to see how bad the damage was, that confirmed this dealer will never touch this bike. So she indicates that the head service manager from this dealers main service department will call me at 8am on Saturday to discuss what to do. So i load up take bike home and spend the next 3 hours cleaning and detailing the bike. Saturday at 9am i still have not heard from the dealer, so i call the assistant manager to advise i have not heard from the main service manager, she advises that well he is off until Monday and she did not want to bother him on Saturday. MORE BS, so at the end of my rope i politely advised her that if i did not here from someone by 10am the whole southeast would here it on the radio ( I do radio talk shows on Fox Sports regional Saturday at 10), well guess what no call, so as promised all got to here about my Harley experience and this dealer, and the calls that came into the show with Harley folks with all kinds of tales of bad service at this dealer. What's that saying don't pee into the wind! well after i went off the air i received a call from Senior dealer management wanting to make this problem go away. Sooo stay tuned as i will update y'all on what happens. This morning i pulled an oil sample from the remaining oil and have sent it to a lab to be tested.( one of my disciplines is forensic mechanics), this will give me a baseline of damage without a teardown.

:o Day'em I hate hearing stories like that, especially with the very irresponsible initial dealer response to a problem they created.  I hope it all gets resolved soon.  Doing the oil analysis is a good idea.

blowncobra

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Blue
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Street Glide Orange Lava
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 11:54:00 AM »

Well good news i think, The dealer and i have agreed to resolve this issue, instead of doing a teardown inspection, which i oppose, we have agreed the dealer will provide a 5 year Harley extended warranty at no charge to me and wiil reimburse me my expenses for cleaning the bike up and repairing the oil line. I beleive all things considered it is the best deal for all. I have driven it about 130 miles and so far seems ok. I received the extended warranty documents yesterday.
THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 11:59:56 AM »

Well good news i think, The dealer and i have agreed to resolve this issue, instead of doing a teardown inspection, which i oppose, we have agreed the dealer will provide a 5 year Harley extended warranty at no charge to me and wiil reimburse me my expenses for cleaning the bike up and repairing the oil line. I beleive all things considered it is the best deal for all. I have driven it about 130 miles and so far seems ok. I received the extended warranty documents yesterday.

Good news bc! At least you don't have to change your name to blowntwincam! ::) Good luck with the bike! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Tros

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »

Glad to hear that.  :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 12:20:12 PM »

blowncobra,
Glad to hear this is resolved to your satisfaction. Ride on!!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.