Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: American Rider Magazine  (Read 2487 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
American Rider Magazine
« on: February 23, 2004, 09:45:32 AM »

As I mentioned in the SEEG forum, the most recent issue of American Rider Magazine has a feature article on the SEEG.

Most of you know that I write a lot of letters to everybody in the industry to learn what I can about our bikes and last night I was finally able to sit down and read this issue of AR.  In the tech section by Joe Minton called Ask Joe, there is a letter from me.

I asked about the exhaust for the 103" motor taking into consideration that it is stock except for high flow air cleaner, HD Race Tuner or Power Commander and exhaust.  As I read it, he's indicating that the 2 into 1 is the best performance exhaust (with the exception of custom made, multi step down drag pipes).  Pick up the latest issue of American Rider Magazine and read for yourself. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Benerag

• SEEGs Rule
Re: American Rider Magazine
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 07:12:58 PM »

My Cobalt Blue SEEG is in at Sacto H-D.  Weather permitting, I pick it up this Saturday. I'm going with the White Bros. tuneable slip-ons, the Racer Tuner, and upgraded airflow package.  Just wondering when it would be best to dyno my bike, before I pick it up or after I break it in?  Any suggestions?

Benerag
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide
01 Ford Lightning

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 07:55:44 AM »

My dealer told me I should wait till at least 1500 mile to do a dyno..which means I can do it now.  The mech. said dynos can be hard on a new bike.  I'm sure there are other opinions. ;)
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 08:14:35 AM »

Just how hard depends on the operator.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 06:58:21 PM »

Benerag welcom to the board.  I'm from Sac. too.  Saw your bike last Sunday and thought they had shipped mine early.  Did Sac Harley tell you about this web site?  I gave Mike some of the business cards to pass out to the CVO buyers.

I sent you an email with my cell #.

I'd wait for a least 1,000 miles......1,500 even better.  Get your brake in done (in my  opnion, by the book) then ride it like you stole it.  That's the motto that I live by. ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Benerag

• SEEGs Rule
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 02:06:16 PM »

Thanks JCZ,

Will call your cell when I receive your email.

Benerag
01 Ford Lightning

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 03:04:06 PM »

Thanks JCZ,

Will call your cell when I receive your email.

Benerag

I just sent you another PM with my cell #.

West Coast GTG   

Benerag

• SEEGs Rule
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 10:32:30 AM »

Don't know if this info is anywhere else in this site, but the current Cruiser Magazine article on the SEEG has the bike's quarter mile ET at 13.09.  The article doesn't appear to address any performance upgrades, so I suspect this is a stock bike with a good rider.

This warms my heart to have a bike that's a 12-second street machine, since none of us will leave our bikes alone (SE Airflow, tuners, chips, pipes, cams, heads, dynos, etc.)

Benerag
01 Ford Lightning

Road_Hog

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 09:30:04 AM »

I think this article was based on the multi manufacturer test they showed partially on television a couple months ago.  The test were being done for Cruiser Mag.  This bike was completely stock...

MoHarleyRider

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 09:54:29 PM »

has anyone had any electrical problems with their seeg? ive had mine back 2 times for the stereo--and its cutting out again--and now the horn doesnt work----so---are there any other electrical problems out there ?

thanx  MO
04-SEEG   SE- slash cuts  K&N air box   chrome switches  luggage rack  road king seat  big windshield  hot toppers

starvin

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 10:10:10 PM »

has anyone had any electrical problems with their seeg? ive had mine back 2 times for the stereo--and its cutting out again--and now the horn doesnt work----so---are there any other electrical problems out there ?

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 03:14:06 PM »

This sounds suspiciously like pinched wires where they go into the handlebar from the switch housing. Possibly as a result of over rotation of the switch assembly by not following proper procedure during set up.
MObe

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 12:07:32 PM »

I got the latest issue of American Rider last night and once again, they hold true to their word in providing information on the CVO models.

This time it's the 07 SEUC (Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic) with the 110" motor on the front cover.  Haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but thought I'd let you guys know so that if you don't subscribe.....you may want to get this issue.

AR is, in my opnion, one of the most useful magazines that I subscribe to.

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.