Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Duracell is Finally Here! (was New FLHTCUSE3 in Pennsylvania)  (Read 6617 times)

freestylegold

• 2008 CVO Road King Crystal Copper Black Onyx

• CVO1: 08 Road King 105th Anniversary Copper Pearl/Vivid Black
Re: Duracell is Finally Here! (was New FLHTCUSE3 in Pennsylvania)
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2008, 06:26:34 PM »

Maybe you can spend you money after you have had the bike for a while?  That way you can take your time to look at what options you may need, ride it and break it in "stock" and then have something to compare when you do change your set-up?  Also, for what its worth, my brother-in-law has the SE pipes and hasn't spoken very highly of them.

SnakePlisken

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Springer
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2008, 06:55:59 PM »

That's funny 'cause my mom had SC pipes installed on her 98' Heritage way back when and had to have them replaced relatively immediately due to bluing and other troubles; she ended up (of course) having V & H installed. Which, by the way, are great! I definitely believe that riding a bike stock is of great value to the rider because once you do get it altered you appreciate the changes all the better!

megavolt17

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2008, 11:45:26 PM »

That's funny 'cause my mom had SC pipes installed on her 98' Heritage way back when and had to have them replaced relatively immediately due to bluing and other troubles; she ended up (of course) having V & H installed. Which, by the way, are great! I definitely believe that riding a bike stock is of great value to the rider because once you do get it altered you appreciate the changes all the better!

Only 300 miles on the bike, so it's too early to tell if the pipes will blue or rust.  I haven't even ridden through the rain yet, which is surprising with my usual weather related luck.  I like the sound, a bit louder and deeper than stock but not really loud unless I crank up the throttle.  Neighbors have commented on it being louder than my '98 Road Glide, but at least so far nobody has complained about it.

I rode a demo '07 Street Glide with V & H pipes and it hurt my ears.  There was no way to communicate with a passenger, or to hear the radio except at idle.  Perhaps the pipes had their baffles removed, or is that the way V & H pipes are?  It's hard to pick pipes because you don't know what they will sound like on your bike until you put them on (unless you know someone with the same pipes and a similar bike).

I had heard these SE pipes on an Ultra Classic (not CVO) and they sounded nice and deep and not much louder than stock, except during acceleration.  On my CVO bike they are definitely louder and deeper, but not annoyingly so.  If I stand behind the bike they are fairly loud, but riding the bike I can still listen to the radio or use the intercom.
Megavolt17

2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLHTCUSE3)
105th Anniversary Crystal Copper and Black Onyx
HD High Intensity Discharge (HID) Dual Bulb Headlamp
HD Illuminated LED Windshield Molding Kit
HD Air Wing Tour-Pak Luggage Rack with Smoked Lens LED Rack Light
Küryakyn Panacea Blue Dot Smoked LED Taillights and Turn Signals
"Roll Your Own" SE Air Cleaner
SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers
SE Race Tuner
Traxxion AK-20 cartridges
Bitubo HD 300mm shocks

freestylegold

• 2008 CVO Road King Crystal Copper Black Onyx

• CVO1: 08 Road King 105th Anniversary Copper Pearl/Vivid Black
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2008, 12:13:49 PM »

Awesome Bike!  Congratulations.  We are about 200 miles apart let me know when you're ready to put some break-in miles on.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2008, 12:13:57 AM »

Great pictures.  Congratulations on your bike. 

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »

Awesome ride......

Welcome to CVO Harley!!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.