Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: berSERK for an Electra King!  (Read 3967 times)

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
berSERK for an Electra King!
« on: December 31, 2007, 06:19:05 PM »

Hi Everybody,

I've been hanging around the site for quite awhile now, and finally decided I should take the time to introduce myself. My wife and I are on our third Harley and this time it's an FLHRSE3. We started out in '98 with a new Wide Glide, and moved up to a new Road King Classic in '05. We finally made the leap to the Screamin' Eagle in late '06.

We would like to do a little (OK a LOT!) of work on the motor, but so far we've been using the engine warranty on a regular basis. Once the MoCo gets everything working reliably though we plan to do something along the lines of the work Hoist is doing with his.  8) Or maybe we'll just go for it without the warranty...  ???

I work out of state so I don't have much time to post, but I try to jump in where I can -especially if I think I can help someone. This site has been a great source of information and I would like to help by doing my part. Since I'm out of town so much we usually ride as much as possible on the weekends, but now that it's winter here in Southern Oregon the riding has slowed down a little. We do plan to take the bike out tomorrow for our HOG Chapter's annual Polar Bear Run. Glad we have our heated gear!  :pepper:

When I'm out of town (at work) I usually check the CVO site every day at lunch time. It helps me keep my sanity!  :huepfenjump3:

The subject line for this post gives a little bit of a hint for the direction our bike work is headed. We're in the process of adding hard bags -since our bike came with two little leather clad "glove boxes" instead of real saddlebags!  :soapbox: And we just acquired a King TourPak that we're getting ready to have painted as well. The jury is still out on a fairing and lowers, but I'm working on Management (wife) approval for some of those things as well. Not sure if I'm a fairing kind of guy yet or not though...  :confused5:

Guess that's probably already more than anyone wants to know. See you all around the site!  8)
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: berSERK for an Electra King!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 06:26:58 PM »

The subject line for this post gives a little bit of a hint for the direction our bike work is headed. We're in the process of adding hard bags -since our bike came with two little leather clad "glove boxes" instead of real saddlebags!  :soapbox: And we just acquired a King TourPak that we're getting ready to have painted as well. The jury is still out on a fairing and lowers, but I'm working on Management (wife) approval for some of those things as well. Not sure if I'm a fairing kind of guy yet or not though...  :confused5:

Guess that's probably already more than anyone wants to know. See you all around the site!  8)
Welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: I'll be the last one to hold it against you for getting the creature comforts of fairing and lowers. ;) Good luck w/what ever you decide and let us see some pics when you get it done.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »

Hi Everybody,

I've been hanging around the site for quite awhile now, and finally decided I should take the time to introduce myself. My wife and I are on our third Harley and this time it's an FLHRSE3. We started out in '98 with a new Wide Glide, and moved up to a new Road King Classic in '05. We finally made the leap to the Screamin' Eagle in late '06.

We would like to do a little (OK a LOT!) of work on the motor, but so far we've been using the engine warranty on a regular basis. Once the MoCo gets everything working reliably though we plan to do something along the lines of the work Hoist is doing with his.  8) Or maybe we'll just go for it without the warranty...  ???

I work out of state so I don't have much time to post, but I try to jump in where I can -especially if I think I can help someone. This site has been a great source of information and I would like to help by doing my part. Since I'm out of town so much we usually ride as much as possible on the weekends, but now that it's winter here in Southern Oregon the riding has slowed down a little. We do plan to take the bike out tomorrow for our HOG Chapter's annual Polar Bear Run. Glad we have our heated gear!  :pepper:

When I'm out of town (at work) I usually check the CVO site every day at lunch time. It helps me keep my sanity!  :huepfenjump3:

That's the only way you can do what I'm doing. Only HD parts gonna be left in my motor are the cases. I'm not looking back either! ;)

Many people seem to be giving up on HD now, and taking things into their own hands. It ain't rocket science. Go for it!

And being so close to Gene, you should be able to get yout "hard" parts painted to match real easily!

Good luck with your projects! It'll be nice to follow your progress through the transformation.

Healthy and Happy New Year bb53! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 06:46:13 PM »

Welcome from South Florida and you will find very good advises from the people in this site...................

Happy New Year.

Jorge

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 06:55:35 PM »

That's the only way you can do what I'm doing. Only HD parts gonna be left in my motor are the cases. I'm not looking back either! ;)

and taking things into their own hands. It ain't rocket science. Go for it!

And being so close to Gene, you should be able to get yout "hard" parts painted to match real easily!

Good luck with your projects! It'll be nice to follow your progress through the transformation.

Healthy and Happy New Year bb53! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Just wanted to ask this question.
you say,
Many people seem to be giving up on HD now,
I can only assume you are are speaking of owners of the 110 motor.
Is that correct or are you painting a broad picture that includes all owners of the Harley Davidson product?
If you are including all owners then take my name off the list. From my first shovelhead and ironhead to the EVO to my latest twin cam I have enjoyed the experience and support the Motor Company with my loyalty and my hard earned dollars.
Do they produce a perfect product? No, but who does? I certainly don't and at 150 to 250K per unit I try to give the best bang for the buck but have found there's always someone who can never be satisfied.

So please clarify your definition of who these many people are.
Hope you and Binx have a happy new year.

:2vrolijk_21:  

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 07:18:55 PM »

Clarification for those that need it.

"Many people seem to be giving up on HD now, and taking things into their own hands.": those people that are giving up on HD and taking things into their own hands! ::) ;D

Happy New Year to you and Nancy as well!

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 07:37:09 PM »

bikerboy53 welcome aboard  :2vrolijk_21:

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 07:52:15 PM »

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I was outside taking down my Christmas lights when I remembered that I forgot to include a picture -and I had one all ready too!  :duhk: Hope you all have a Happy New Year!  :drink:

Ride safe, ride often, and have fun!  8)
S&S T124
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »

Happy New Year & Welcome form South Florida!

Rooster452

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 09:17:19 PM »

Good luck with your decision and welcome to the site...

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »

Welcome from Northern Virginia

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 10:49:49 PM »

Welcome from Salem, Oregon!

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 12:44:24 AM »

laissez les bon temps rouler - from Bourbon St, New Orleans!
                                                                                   :drink:
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 02:32:05 AM »

Say what? :nixweiss:

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 07:25:58 AM »

Good morning bikerboy53

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 08:47:52 AM »

Welcome to the site, glad you joined us.
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

h-d mikey

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 SESG Citrus & Gun Stock
    • CVO2: 2000 SERG Triple Red
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 12:22:27 PM »

Welcome from Arkansas, Good luck with your build, Good looking scoot.

Happy New Year.
h-d mikey
2012 SESG Citrus & Gun Stock
2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise (Wrecked By Harley)
2009 SERG Orange & Black (SOLD)
2005 SEEG Banana (SOLD)
2000 SERG Triple Red (SOLD)
1999 Fat Boy (Custom Everthing)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »

berSERK,

Happy New Year & welcome from Oklahoma!

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 05:59:45 PM »

A big CVO howdy from Texas.

DAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 09:23:21 PM »

Welcome from Southern Indiana!   :2vrolijk_21:
FLHTCUSE3 - 2008 105th anniversary
V&H Dresser Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
Super SERT
Big Sucker A/C
American Legend Sport Trailer
Member #4518

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »

Welcome from frigid WI  :nervous:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 11:09:11 PM »

DON'T DO IT ?

A Road King may share a frame with an Electra-Glide and a Road Glide but it ends there and well it should. The bike MJZ bought from me is what it was intended to be. The Faux-EG I stripped down and parted out was not what it was intended to be. If you don't like the RK the way the MoCo built it and what you want is a batwing fairing etc etc etc, then buy an SEUC or a used SEEG, but a Road King was never meant to be an EG. With all due respect, either you get this or you don't.

Agree 100% with Brian, if you want the lower, fairing, stereo, etc. move up nearly 200lbs to a SEUC. Welcome to the site, we love SERK pilots here  :2vrolijk_21:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 11:40:25 PM »

Speaking as someone who took an 03 SERK all the way down the coversion road to Ultra-Classic ville and back, my advice on changing your 07 SERK is

DON'T DO IT ?

A Road King may share a frame with an Electra-Glide and a Road Glide but it ends there and well it should. The bike MJZ bought from me is what it was intended to be. The Faux-EG I stripped down and parted out was not what it was intended to be. If you don't like the RK the way the MoCo built it and what you want is a batwing fairing etc etc etc, then buy an SEUC or a used SEEG, but a Road King was never meant to be an EG. With all due respect, either you get this or you don't.

Also, I have had a few problems with H-D over the years, but you know I don't exactly ride my motorcycles like the little old lady from Pasedena. I fully expect that if I effed with my 2008 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GT-6 the way I do with my Harleys, I'd have some "issues" with Mitsubishi. So if there's a list of unhappy H-D owners, please ensure that my name is not on it. I may dislike dealers like Fat Bastard and what SD H-D is fast becoming, but I love Harley-Davidson. Of course as Chip so wisely points out, I don't have a 110 either. Wouldn't take the gift of one but I do have a built up 103 that is almost 100% Screamin Eagle parts and it runs and runs well. As Beagle likes to say, " Beware the fat old guys on the big ass baggers " 

B B

AMEN and I appreciate it every time I ride it. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 08:30:11 AM »

Speaking as someone who took an 03 SERK all the way down the coversion road to Ultra-Classic ville and back, my advice on changing your 07 SERK is

DON'T DO IT ?

Also, I have had a few problems with H-D over the years, but you know I don't exactly ride my motorcycles like the little old lady from Pasedena. I fully expect that if I effed with my 2008 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GT-6 the way I do with my Harleys, I'd have some "issues" with Mitsubishi. So if there's a list of unhappy H-D owners, please ensure that my name is not on it. I may dislike dealers like Fat Bastard and what SD H-D is fast becoming, but I love Harley-Davidson. Of course as Chip so wisely points out, I don't have a 110 either. Wouldn't take the gift of one but I do have a built up 103 that is almost 100% Screamin Eagle parts and it runs and runs well. As Beagle likes to say, " Beware the fat old guys on the big ass baggers " 

B B

Woohoo, I get to agree with Brian for a change! ::)

With the first part anyway. I've bled Black and Orange for years. But that don't say we can't be pissed when they come up with stuff like the 110, and bury their heads in the sand when they have issues. It's happened before the 110. It'll happen again too. That's the MoCo for ya. And the way of Corporate America!

And we've fixed them ourselves before, when the MoCo couldn't. And we'll do it now too with the 110! After all, it ain't rocket science! ;)

Hoist! 8)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 08:37:27 AM »

as another that started doing the conversion process. if i had to do it again i dont think i would.

i love having the fairing, the lowers, the TP, the extra gauges for engine vital signs, but its not an UC and nevre will be.

i may have saved dome money doing it this way but for a few $$$ more i could have actually converted the bike over using H-D parts and having them painted to match. if you really want to go that route

you need an EG tank
a wiring harness
fairing parts and electronics

start a collection of parts on ebay wait till you get everything and tear into it
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 09:13:44 AM »

Welcome from South Florida!  I have a convertible SerkGlide and have been pretty happy about being able to pop the batwing off for a windy ride when I want. 

HD issues go way back as Howie says....Like my Panhead and Shovels, I was happy when I bought it, happier when sold them.....

My current oldies earlier mates were famous for overheating and name me one model of hd that doesn't or hasn't leaked something somewhere.   It is what it is, nobody makes us love em.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 09:14:59 AM »

SerkGlide

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 03:42:34 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback regarding converting my SERK into an Electra King. When I bought my SERK I couldn't find an SEUC because in my area they were all being snatched up! And I have to admit that I'm not particularly fond of the Ninja Turtle TourPak that came on the '07s either.

After doing a little touring with the stock "glove boxes" (saddlebags) and the leather TourPak off our old RK Classic my BSR and I were yearning for a little more storage. OK, maybe it was only me who wanted more storage on the bike -I just hate having to drag the trailer along for an overnight trip!  ::) And if we don't bring the trailer we have to ask our friends to haul anything we buy along the way because we don't have any available storage space. That led to the hard bags and King TourPak we're in the process of adding.

And there's more!  :P Last summer we took a little trip to Wyoming and back with a couple of friends who ride '04 and '05 SEEGs. They are beautiful bikes, and I have to admit that we were a little jealous that our newer SERK didn't get the attention that their "old" SEEGs were getting. So I started thinking about the lowers and a batwing -nothing definite yet, I'm just thinking. And although I would love to have a new 6 gallon tank I'm not really thinking of changing it because of the difficulties (and $$$) I think would be involved.

I don't really want to spoil the ride with a stereo, but occasionally it would be nice to get some weather information. And the occasional tune might be nice now and then...  ;D My BSR and I enjoy the ride sans distractions for the most part though.

We do enough cold weather riding that the batwing and lowers would be nice too. I have electric gloves, jacket, and pants, but the gloves don't get hot enough to keep my hands warm when it's cold out. Some of my friends with EGs, RGs, etc. have to turn their gloves down to keep from burning their hands, so I came to the conclusion that blocking the airflow over my hands would help keep them warmer. And it might look nice too...  :)

Don't worry too much about me "going over to the Dark Side" yet -my BSR is doing her best to rein me in a little.  ??? I'm not sure if I'm really cut out to be an FD kind of guy anyway.

Here's a pic of our bike and our friends' bikes at the Wyoming border on the Beartooth Highway. I sorta had to park mine in front of the other bikes for the picture -otherwise I think only the true SERK lovers would notice it in the picture.   :D

PS -After all the warm welcomes I received I'm kinda wishing I knew a little French too!  ???
S&S T124
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »

Electra Serk Glide Classic !

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 02:55:26 PM »

Looks good. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »

Electra Serk Glide Classic !

Now that is a good looking bike!
Mike, you should be proud!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »

Aww shucks....It needs something on the sides....I'll be sanding again, too much orange peel.
Any ideas?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »

From Wikipedia Harley-Davidson FL ...

A fork-mounted [[Motorcycle fairing|fairing]] became available on Electra Glides in 1969. This became unofficially known as the "batwing" fairing. .... The A-Z of Harley-Davidson Part Two]</ref>  Although the batwing fairing was an easily removable option on early Electra Glides, it was not removable on later machines, as the instruments were moved from the fuel tank into the fairing.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 05:13:56 PM »

Welcome from VA  :2vrolijk_21:

IslandUltra

• IslandUltra
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »

Nice looking ride. Welcome from Padre Island in Corpus Christi, Texas.  :huepfenjump3:

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2008, 07:36:16 PM »

Welcome to CVO Harley!!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2008, 08:00:07 AM »

Welcome, you have some great ideas and have already been given fantastic advice.  I have to say, that you have a great bike and ride with smart friends.   ;D

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 03:33:23 PM »

Mrs. We,

Thanks for the nice welcome! I couldn't help but notice that your bike looks a lot like my friend Robin's -it's on the left in the picture. I think that is about my favorite CVO bike, and wish I could have gotten a new one when they first came out.  :-* I do like our SERK too tho!  8)
S&S T124
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2008, 07:00:24 PM »

Mrs. We,

Thanks for the nice welcome! I couldn't help but notice that your bike looks a lot like my friend Robin's -it's on the left in the picture. I think that is about my favorite CVO bike, and wish I could have gotten a new one when they first came out.  :-* I do like our SERK too tho!  8)
Well like I said,  I did not know Robin's name at the time, you've obviously have some smart friends.  And yes, there are a whole lotta folks here on this site who have same bike as their favorite CVO bike. 

Not a darn thing wrong with the SERK, just the SEEGs are just special in their own right.

IMHO of course.   :cherry:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »

Agree 100% with Brian, if you want the lower, fairing, stereo, etc. move up nearly 200lbs to a SEUC. Welcome to the site, we love SERK pilots here  :2vrolijk_21:
Joe

The actual difference is only 115# (901 vs. 786). There are a lot of 115# women that would be VERY PO'd if you refered to them as nearly 200#. :2vrolijk_21:

:indian_chief:

Piper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »

Say what? :nixweiss:

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!" is a Cajun expression loosely translated as  "Let the good times roll!"

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »

Piper,
Thanks for the French lesson!  :) That sounds like an appropriate greeting for this site. I'm ready to let the good times roll -as soon as it warms up a little here in Oregon.  ;)

Chief,
Thanks for the weight clarification information. It hadn't occurred to me how close to 800# my bike really is!  :P
S&S T124
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.621 seconds with 21 queries.