Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: berSERK for an Electra King!  (Read 3965 times)

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
Re: berSERK for an Electra King!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 08:47:52 AM »

Welcome to the site, glad you joined us.
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

h-d mikey

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 SESG Citrus & Gun Stock
    • CVO2: 2000 SERG Triple Red
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 12:22:27 PM »

Welcome from Arkansas, Good luck with your build, Good looking scoot.

Happy New Year.
h-d mikey
2012 SESG Citrus & Gun Stock
2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise (Wrecked By Harley)
2009 SERG Orange & Black (SOLD)
2005 SEEG Banana (SOLD)
2000 SERG Triple Red (SOLD)
1999 Fat Boy (Custom Everthing)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »

berSERK,

Happy New Year & welcome from Oklahoma!

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 05:59:45 PM »

A big CVO howdy from Texas.

DAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 09:23:21 PM »

Welcome from Southern Indiana!   :2vrolijk_21:
FLHTCUSE3 - 2008 105th anniversary
V&H Dresser Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
Super SERT
Big Sucker A/C
American Legend Sport Trailer
Member #4518

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »

Welcome from frigid WI  :nervous:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 11:09:11 PM »

DON'T DO IT ?

A Road King may share a frame with an Electra-Glide and a Road Glide but it ends there and well it should. The bike MJZ bought from me is what it was intended to be. The Faux-EG I stripped down and parted out was not what it was intended to be. If you don't like the RK the way the MoCo built it and what you want is a batwing fairing etc etc etc, then buy an SEUC or a used SEEG, but a Road King was never meant to be an EG. With all due respect, either you get this or you don't.

Agree 100% with Brian, if you want the lower, fairing, stereo, etc. move up nearly 200lbs to a SEUC. Welcome to the site, we love SERK pilots here  :2vrolijk_21:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 11:40:25 PM »

Speaking as someone who took an 03 SERK all the way down the coversion road to Ultra-Classic ville and back, my advice on changing your 07 SERK is

DON'T DO IT ?

A Road King may share a frame with an Electra-Glide and a Road Glide but it ends there and well it should. The bike MJZ bought from me is what it was intended to be. The Faux-EG I stripped down and parted out was not what it was intended to be. If you don't like the RK the way the MoCo built it and what you want is a batwing fairing etc etc etc, then buy an SEUC or a used SEEG, but a Road King was never meant to be an EG. With all due respect, either you get this or you don't.

Also, I have had a few problems with H-D over the years, but you know I don't exactly ride my motorcycles like the little old lady from Pasedena. I fully expect that if I effed with my 2008 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GT-6 the way I do with my Harleys, I'd have some "issues" with Mitsubishi. So if there's a list of unhappy H-D owners, please ensure that my name is not on it. I may dislike dealers like Fat Bastard and what SD H-D is fast becoming, but I love Harley-Davidson. Of course as Chip so wisely points out, I don't have a 110 either. Wouldn't take the gift of one but I do have a built up 103 that is almost 100% Screamin Eagle parts and it runs and runs well. As Beagle likes to say, " Beware the fat old guys on the big ass baggers " 

B B

AMEN and I appreciate it every time I ride it. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 08:30:11 AM »

Speaking as someone who took an 03 SERK all the way down the coversion road to Ultra-Classic ville and back, my advice on changing your 07 SERK is

DON'T DO IT ?

Also, I have had a few problems with H-D over the years, but you know I don't exactly ride my motorcycles like the little old lady from Pasedena. I fully expect that if I effed with my 2008 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GT-6 the way I do with my Harleys, I'd have some "issues" with Mitsubishi. So if there's a list of unhappy H-D owners, please ensure that my name is not on it. I may dislike dealers like Fat Bastard and what SD H-D is fast becoming, but I love Harley-Davidson. Of course as Chip so wisely points out, I don't have a 110 either. Wouldn't take the gift of one but I do have a built up 103 that is almost 100% Screamin Eagle parts and it runs and runs well. As Beagle likes to say, " Beware the fat old guys on the big ass baggers " 

B B

Woohoo, I get to agree with Brian for a change! ::)

With the first part anyway. I've bled Black and Orange for years. But that don't say we can't be pissed when they come up with stuff like the 110, and bury their heads in the sand when they have issues. It's happened before the 110. It'll happen again too. That's the MoCo for ya. And the way of Corporate America!

And we've fixed them ourselves before, when the MoCo couldn't. And we'll do it now too with the 110! After all, it ain't rocket science! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 08:37:27 AM »

as another that started doing the conversion process. if i had to do it again i dont think i would.

i love having the fairing, the lowers, the TP, the extra gauges for engine vital signs, but its not an UC and nevre will be.

i may have saved dome money doing it this way but for a few $$$ more i could have actually converted the bike over using H-D parts and having them painted to match. if you really want to go that route

you need an EG tank
a wiring harness
fairing parts and electronics

start a collection of parts on ebay wait till you get everything and tear into it
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 09:13:44 AM »

Welcome from South Florida!  I have a convertible SerkGlide and have been pretty happy about being able to pop the batwing off for a windy ride when I want. 

HD issues go way back as Howie says....Like my Panhead and Shovels, I was happy when I bought it, happier when sold them.....

My current oldies earlier mates were famous for overheating and name me one model of hd that doesn't or hasn't leaked something somewhere.   It is what it is, nobody makes us love em.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 09:14:59 AM »

SerkGlide

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 03:42:34 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback regarding converting my SERK into an Electra King. When I bought my SERK I couldn't find an SEUC because in my area they were all being snatched up! And I have to admit that I'm not particularly fond of the Ninja Turtle TourPak that came on the '07s either.

After doing a little touring with the stock "glove boxes" (saddlebags) and the leather TourPak off our old RK Classic my BSR and I were yearning for a little more storage. OK, maybe it was only me who wanted more storage on the bike -I just hate having to drag the trailer along for an overnight trip!  ::) And if we don't bring the trailer we have to ask our friends to haul anything we buy along the way because we don't have any available storage space. That led to the hard bags and King TourPak we're in the process of adding.

And there's more!  :P Last summer we took a little trip to Wyoming and back with a couple of friends who ride '04 and '05 SEEGs. They are beautiful bikes, and I have to admit that we were a little jealous that our newer SERK didn't get the attention that their "old" SEEGs were getting. So I started thinking about the lowers and a batwing -nothing definite yet, I'm just thinking. And although I would love to have a new 6 gallon tank I'm not really thinking of changing it because of the difficulties (and $$$) I think would be involved.

I don't really want to spoil the ride with a stereo, but occasionally it would be nice to get some weather information. And the occasional tune might be nice now and then...  ;D My BSR and I enjoy the ride sans distractions for the most part though.

We do enough cold weather riding that the batwing and lowers would be nice too. I have electric gloves, jacket, and pants, but the gloves don't get hot enough to keep my hands warm when it's cold out. Some of my friends with EGs, RGs, etc. have to turn their gloves down to keep from burning their hands, so I came to the conclusion that blocking the airflow over my hands would help keep them warmer. And it might look nice too...  :)

Don't worry too much about me "going over to the Dark Side" yet -my BSR is doing her best to rein me in a little.  ??? I'm not sure if I'm really cut out to be an FD kind of guy anyway.

Here's a pic of our bike and our friends' bikes at the Wyoming border on the Beartooth Highway. I sorta had to park mine in front of the other bikes for the picture -otherwise I think only the true SERK lovers would notice it in the picture.   :D

PS -After all the warm welcomes I received I'm kinda wishing I knew a little French too!  ???
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »

Electra Serk Glide Classic !

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 02:55:26 PM »

Looks good. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.