Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Corbin Seats for the 08' CVO Springers  (Read 10915 times)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Corbin Seats for the 08' CVO Springers
« on: February 29, 2008, 10:47:53 AM »

I noticed yesterday that Corbin now has a full line of seats available for the 08' CVO Springers. I ordered the Classic Solo and passenger touring pillion. Most of the time I will ride with the Classic Solo seat so I can show off the metal grind flames hiding under the passenger seat, but there will be times when my wife wants to ride with me and I can easily install the passenger touring pillion for those times. I already have a few rider backrests for the Corbin Solo seats so I didn't buy another one...after all, I can only ride 1 bike at a time. I will probably order one of the Young Guns seats next for the slammed look so I can have a few different seats to choose from. Here's the link to the seats available for the 08' CVO: http://www.corbin.com/harley/softail/st08menu.shtml

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: Corbin Seats for the 08' CVO Springers
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:04:32 PM »

Thanks Ken for posting....I like the widowmaker since I have that sissybar installed in my Springer......which do you like?

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:45:07 PM »

Jorge,

I think that you need a few seats...the widowmaker looks really nice. That was one of the first seats that Corbin released for the 08' CVO' Springers. I think that you also need the Classic Solo seat so you can expose the hidden metal grind flames under your seat for when you are riding solo. I expect up that I will end up with a few Corbin seats for my CVO Springer...next one will probably be the Young Gun seat.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 11:04:25 PM »

Jorge,

I think that you need a few seats...the widowmaker looks really nice. That was one of the first seats that Corbin released for the 08' CVO' Springers. I think that you also need the Classic Solo seat so you can expose the hidden metal grind flames under your seat for when you are riding solo. I expect up that I will end up with a few Corbin seats for my CVO Springer...next one will probably be the Young Gun seat.

Mi amigo Ken...I will visit the Corbin store tomorrow so I will let you know my opinoion...........ride safe

Jorge

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 06:50:28 AM »

I ordered my Classic Solo for my '08  Springer, too.  I opted (for now) not to buy the passenger pillion.  When it's removed, I was told the two locking studs stick through the fender. 

I thought instead I'd run w/ one of the suction cup pillions for those (rare) occasions when I've got someone riding with me.  I also intend to use a T-bag w/ sissy bar on that pillion when I'm on the road.  After thinking a lot about it, I'm probably not going to add saddlebags.  Classic solo w/ the suction cup pillion seemed to me to be the best option to keep a clean look but allow a quick conversion for a rider or for a trip.  I'm told a "permanent" sissy bar does not require relocation of turn signals, so I'll remove it when not in use.

I'd be interested in the group's thoughts.  Thanks.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 11:36:36 AM »

RPR50,
I have been struggling with what to do about having somewhere to put my cell phone, a bottle of water, and other small stuff when riding the CVO Springer.
For now, I am ordering:
53953-09 - Tapered Sport Luggage Rack
51477-06 - Upright sissybar
53378-03A - Rigid Mount Sideplates - Chrome (non-detachable)
51642-03A - Medium Low Passenger Backrest Pad - Smooth, French Seam

When I am riding solo, I will probably just put my crap in my leather jacket pocket for now. But when my wife rides with me, I will install the passenger pillion and the above hardware along with a T-Bag Saddle Roll to strap to the luggage rack and see if I can get by with this set-up.

I have also been looking at the Boss Bags 34L3 for when I want the option to carry more stuff. I want to keep the street-rod looks of the CVO Springer, but I also want the ability to take off my leather jacket during the summer and stuff it in the saddlebag for when it gets too hot. I will probably end up ordering the Boss Bags, but I don't want to end up with the saddlebags or the sissy bar on the bike all of the time.

With regards to the Corbin passenger pillion vs the suction cup pillions...I would be concerned with "will the suction cup pillion screw up the paint on the rear fender"? I think Corbin puts a lot of thought into their seats and I feel confident that the passenger pillion will not damage the rear fender when I put-it-on/take-it-off/put-it-on/take-it-off over and over. And to take out the metal piece that fits in the fender only takes a few seconds with a piece of weed eater line and then you can put the plug back in to cover the hole.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 05:19:31 PM »

ATTENTION

The new line of Corbin Seats supposely designed for CVO Springer '08 doesn't fit our bikes.......I was at Corbin yesterday in Daytona and they made a mistake..........They don't work.....non-models available yet for Springer CVO............They will be redesign the different models.............

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »

Jorge, Thanks for checking it out at the Corbin store out your way. I noticed that Corbin pulled the 08' CVO Springer seats off their website late yesterday and was wondering what happened. Oh well, I have a Classic Solo and Passenger Pillion on order and they have charged my credit card so we'll see how much of a delay it causes. I would prefer to receive a seat that fits my bike and I will continue to be patient be prepared to wait a bit longer.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 08:37:12 AM »

Jorge, Thanks for checking it out at the Corbin store out your way. I noticed that Corbin pulled the 08' CVO Springer seats off their website late yesterday and was wondering what happened. Oh well, I have a Classic Solo and Passenger Pillion on order and they have charged my credit card so we'll see how much of a delay it causes. I would prefer to receive a seat that fits my bike and I will continue to be patient be prepared to wait a bit longer.

Me too...I ordered a widowmaker since I have that sissy bar what it fits in........so I will be in contact with the person who makes and I will have you updated.....

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 08:20:54 PM »

Guilty,

I've not installed and uninstalled the pillion so I don't know if it's a few seconds.  I know I'll not like the look of the attachment pins sticking out of my rear fender when not in use.  If it is as easy as you describe, I might rethink the suction cups.  Note that they attach over a plastic shield on the rear fender, not on the paint.

I just ordered my Corbin seat last week.  I haven't heard from Corbin that they pulled the '08 Springer seats, but their off the website ("Coming Soon"). 

I was looking at the T-Bags.  I'll take a look at the Boss Bag.  I agree that saddlebags will detract from the look, but, of course, that's personal preference.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 03:26:34 PM »

Here are two pictures taken at the Corbin store in Daytona Beach during the bike week. This model is called "widowmaker" and like Imentioned before it doesn't fit the Springer CVO '08 100%.....they have to make some modifications......I spoke with the guy yesterday and they are working on that....

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 03:27:26 PM »

Here are two pictures taken at the Corbin store in Daytona Beach during the bike week. This model is called "widowmaker" and like Imentioned before it doesn't fit the Springer CVO '08 100%.....they have to make some modifications......I spoke with the guy yesterday and they are working on that....

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 05:34:42 PM »

Jorge, the widowmaker seat looks awesome on your Springer! It'll be nice when Corbin gets the seats to fit properly so we can all show off our new seats...and enjoy a new level of comfort.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 10:18:22 AM »

Jorge, the widowmaker seat looks awesome on your Springer! It'll be nice when Corbin gets the seats to fit properly so we can all show off our new seats...and enjoy a new level of comfort.

Thanks mi amigo Ken...I will have you updated..........BTW, I remember that you asked me in the past for the horn for your wife's bike......are you still interested? If you are let me know your address and I will send it for you..

Ride safe

Jorge

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 10:36:41 AM »

Thanks mi amigo Ken...I will have you updated..........BTW, I remember that you asked me in the past for the horn for your wife's bike......are you still interested? If you are let me know your address and I will send it for you..

Ride safe

Jorge

Jorge, Yes I would still like the horn cover. I'll PM you with my address. THANK YOU!

hdhawg1340

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »

guilty before ordering I would talk to someone at corbin. went to the daytona store bike week only 3 hours away they look on the website said it would fit thought the same because saw on website. It DIDN"T seems the tank are at a differnet angle than softail!!!! good luck

bossman

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Autumn Haze & High Octane Orange
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Copper & Black Onyx
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »

Guilty

Did you install the luggage rack on your bike? Did you have to order a installation kit to make it work with the led taillight. I ordered the 53979-07 and even with the install kit it hits the tail light and makes the seat bolt miss by about 1/2".  I thought I would try the 60161-06 rack to see if it hit the taillight.
Thanks
bossman
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 10:20:22 PM by bossman »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 08:35:42 AM »

Guilty

Did you install the luggage rack on your bike? Did you have to order a installation kit to make it work with the led taillight. I ordered the 53979-07 and even with the install kit it hits the tail light and makes the seat bolt miss by about 1/2".  I thought I would try the 60161-06 rack to see if it hit the taillight.
Thanks
bossman

I installed it and you have to play with the rack so it can fits......

shekmark

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 06:43:56 AM »

Jego, can you tell us what kind of sissy bar that is? Hope you don't mind but I am going to copy your bike. Mark

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 07:18:04 AM »

Jego, can you tell us what kind of sissy bar that is? Hope you don't mind but I am going to copy your bike. Mark

that's the softail custom sissybar, I have the same one on mine. :bananarock:
I also put the softail luggage rack on it.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 07:22:33 AM by Deuce Bigelow »
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 08:57:11 AM »

No problem mi amigo is this:

Retro King/Queen Seat for Softail® Models

Take a ride back in time on this 1960's style King/Queen Seat. Featuring a highly stylized tuck-n-roll pleated surface, this retro looking seat will bring back memories of riding free. The low and lean two-up seat profile hugs the frame and rear fender like no other. Your passenger will benefit from a longer pillion and a built-in backrest pad. Seat width 13.0"; pillion width 7.0"

51401-07

A matter as fact I just put it in ebay......if you are interested in the seat I can terminate the auction and sell to you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330236440720&rd=1

havoc

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »

Has anyone heard anything about the seats from this company?

http://www.ccseats.com/

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 02:40:53 PM »

Has anyone heard anything about the seats from this company?

http://www.ccseats.com/

I haven't mi amigo but it looks good

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 10:59:37 PM »

No problem mi amigo is this:

Retro King/Queen Seat for Softail® Models

Take a ride back in time on this 1960's style King/Queen Seat. Featuring a highly stylized tuck-n-roll pleated surface, this retro looking seat will bring back memories of riding free. The low and lean two-up seat profile hugs the frame and rear fender like no other. Your passenger will benefit from a longer pillion and a built-in backrest pad. Seat width 13.0"; pillion width 7.0"

51401-07

A matter as fact I just put it in ebay......if you are interested in the seat I can terminate the auction and sell to you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330236440720&rd=1

wow, that thing is not cheap!

I believe the sissybar alone cost me around $65.00, the backrest pad was another $20
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:04:49 PM by Deuce Bigelow »
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 09:35:47 AM »

wow, that thing is not cheap!

I believe the sissybar alone cost me around $65.00, the backrest pad was another $20

Nothing for bikes are cheap   :nixweiss:

IWannaChop

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 06:42:22 PM »

So,,,,Did Corbin ever get the solo seat to fit the 2008 FXSTSSE?  I would love to buy a solo seat for mine, but am having no luck.

4seccamaro

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:29 PM »

So,,,,Did Corbin ever get the solo seat to fit the 2008 FXSTSSE?  I would love to buy a solo seat for mine, but am having no luck.

yep!

IWannaChop

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 12:24:17 AM »

Looks nice... What is the part number? do they make it for a 2008?

IWannaChop

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 12:25:40 AM »

Well I guess that was a dumb question :oops:
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.