Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: new push rods  (Read 5366 times)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
Re: new push rods
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 11:21:43 AM »

i thought the same thing when i put new pushrods in. must be normal. :bananarock:

fedupc3

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 04:06:21 PM »

i dont know excactly what was done when i bought it the guy said it had s,e, heads cams pistons so i dont know, :confused5:and i cut the other push rods out and they were screamin eagle push rods, i'm trying to quiet it down i can stand a lot but no reason for loud lifters
02 FLHTCI  SCREAMIN EAGLE 103CU,IN SCREAMIN EAGLE 6 SPEED,

fedupc3

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 04:12:08 PM »

vanamal your's was hard turning over also? i hope there isnt anything else

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 06:24:56 PM »

fedupc3:

Just put a set of the new SE pushrods in, and prior to install I checked all holes.  Several of the lower adjustment holes had anodizing flash covering/obstructing the holes. After disassembling the upper/lower units, I ran a 2.5mm drill bit through the lower adjusters then blew out with compressed air.  Cleaned up perfectly.

Also had some very slight noise with the recommended 2 & 1/2 turns (.100").  Readjusted to 3 turns (.125") and the valve train is smooth as silk.  This was with new cams & lifters.

HTHs!

:drink:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

fedupc3

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »

WVULTRA thanks for the heads up i beleive i'll probably end up going to 3 turns also i got the other push rod the H,D shop called and said to come and get it maybe they have someone on here? i wasn't happy about having to wait for a part that was messed up from the factory, but all is good and tomoroe will tell everything good or bad!

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 07:28:29 PM »

fedupc3:

If your new pushrods are the SE #18404-08, they are definitely 24 TPI; and 3 turns (18 flats) will put you .125 down into the lifter.  Worked great on my setup.

Good luck!

:2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

fedupc3

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 06:44:33 AM »

WVULTRA, mine are #17906-99a, and i counted 25 maybe 26per inch, so we'll see but at least i know now what to do, thanks  man, but probably 24 being i'm working on my first cup of joe!

fedupc3

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 01:53:49 AM »

set at 2.5 then 3 then3.5 still loud help i set it all the way till they were right on the verge of tight,and changed the oil ,i dont know, no metal in the oil but it drives me nuts

fedupc3

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 02:17:45 AM »

what am i going to have to do to quite this down, is it the heads or combo, or what it runs like a raped ape, but i cant stand the lifter rattle no metal in the oil , some one got an answer :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :jack:

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 09:41:58 AM »

fed:

The Techs here will need as much detailed info about your build as you can provde, and what you've done so far, to help.

I am not a Tech, but my first question is did the different adjustments on the pushrods change or mask the noise at all?  If there was no change, then the noise may be coming from a different source.

:nixweiss:
'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »

What else was done to the motor?

fed:

The Techs here will need as much detailed info about your build as you can provde, and what you've done so far, to help.
I am not a Tech, but my first question is did the different adjustments on the pushrods change or mask the noise at all?  If there was no change, then the noise may be coming from a different source.

:nixweiss:

I asked this a few days ago, .....tell us about the build and more about the noise you have, it will help to understand what you may have going on. It is possible, depending on the cam, that its "the nature of the beast"

fedupc3

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 08:01:38 AM »

the noise is coming from the rocker boxes, it' sounds like lose lifter or unadjusted push rods in the top,i did put in new oil after running it for 10 min when i changed p,rs, to make sure no garbage in it, amsoil 20-50 motor trans and primary also, when idleing you can here it and when i speed it up at a little higher not sure of the r,s but you here it louder, right now i have the P,Rs set to where they  are snug -lobes down if i go any tighter i wont be able to turn them after bleed down, ok what it has as far as the motor is as far as i know is s,e heads cams pistons 103cu, in,and it is louder from the front jug,  right now i have the set at 3 turns and dont think i can go tighter ,i dont beleive there was much difference when i changed the adjust ment, thanks for any and all help guys

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »

I had to pull out my s/e pushrods because the the 2 front were rubbing. I thought it was a lifter.  I put in ams lifters and the new s/e tapered pushrods- sounds like a sewing machine now ( almost ) :bananarock:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=29876.0
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:07:24 AM by VANAMAL »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 11:20:47 AM »

the noise is coming from the rocker boxes, it' sounds like lose lifter or unadjusted push rods in the top,i did put in new oil after running it for 10 min when i changed p,rs, to make sure no garbage in it, amsoil 20-50 motor trans and primary also, when idleing you can here it and when i speed it up at a little higher not sure of the r,s but you here it louder, right now i have the P,Rs set to where they  are snug -lobes down if i go any tighter i wont be able to turn them after bleed down, ok what it has as far as the motor is as far as i know is s,e heads cams pistons 103cu, in,and it is louder from the front jug,  right now i have the set at 3 turns and dont think i can go tighter ,i dont beleive there was much difference when i changed the adjust ment, thanks for any and all help guys

Did you reuse or changer lifters? Try using new set of stock lifters. Might be that simple, ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »

So the motor was together and and you just rod a pushrod change?
Do you have any idea what cams are in it?

The noise could be a bad lifter or the pushrod rubbing on the top of the tube
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.