Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08SEUC ShutDown on Way To Work  (Read 650 times)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
08SEUC ShutDown on Way To Work
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:27:51 AM »

This morning riding the Kaspr to work I made my last turn into work and all of a sudden the bike quit running. I was a 1/2 mile from the gate so I tried to start it and nothing happened when I turned fuel pump on. No light on pump and starter wouldn't turn. I pushed the bike 1/2 mile and took a break and decided to try again. To my surprise everything worked as advertised. It started right up and I drove it the rest of the way to my building with no problems. I even shut it down twice and it started with no problems. Anyone ever have this issue and if you did what is going on? Yes I had my fuel filter replaced under the SB and so I'm not sure that is the problem. I wonder if I should have Harley come get it and put it on a flatbed. Well at least I had a good workout this morning!!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 08SEUC ShutDown on Way To Work
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »

Happened to me on both my 05 SEEG and 07 SEUC. Turn it off, short time, then no crank, no lights no nuthing. Wait 15 minutes or so and back to normal. Pull the seat up and twist the battery connections and back to life. Pulled off the cables and cleaned real good then used dielectric grease and no more problems. Good luck.

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.