Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear brake noise on 08 SEUC  (Read 1124 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Rear brake noise on 08 SEUC
« on: July 13, 2009, 08:54:04 PM »

My friend has an 08 SEUC and he said his rear brake makes a noise similar to what you hear when you put the bike into first gear.  He took it to the shop and they told him that this is normal with the anti-lock brakes and that it was improved on the 09 models and that's why I am not hearing what he hears on his.  Does anyone know if this is something he should expect?

It makes that noise just when he first hits the brake, like a loud click or clank, and then it smooths out and brakes.  It's intermittent and doesn't always do it.  Any help on this one?

Twistedrider

Re: Rear brake noise on 08 SEUC
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:57:09 PM »

Don't hear this on my 08 .. Sounds like maybe the anti-rattle clip is not doing it's job.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:16:31 PM »

ABS shouldn't create any noise until it is actually activated.  If he is just braking normally and not causing the rear to approach lockup, then I don't think he should accept that story from his "friendly" dealership.  Other folks had complaints about clunking noises from the front brakes, I haven't personally heard complaints specifically about the rears other than squealing pads.

Loose caliper bolts or pad pins would be good items to check, as well as rotor to hub bolts.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 07:25:06 PM »

It's the pads shifting in the caliper/brackets. The Brembos seem to do it. Go backwards and hit the brake, then go forward, you will hear it. My SERK does it and so does my friends with Brembos. I think it is intermittent because, you usually need to apply the brake going backwards to get them to shift, then forward again makes noise. I personally think it's a normal characteristic/design of the Brembos.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.