Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nolan Bluetooth/Headset with Zumo...  (Read 1131 times)

Sean M Cary

Nolan Bluetooth/Headset with Zumo...
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:59:31 AM »

Got new toys last night...got it synced up, used the phone etc.

Wore it into work today - and with no apparent pattern or cause the bluetooth keeps dropping out.

Had to hold the round button down to turn it on and re synch.

Charged it for 10 hours yesterday, so its charged as far as I can tell.

any suggestions?

Sean

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Nolan Bluetooth/Headset with Zumo...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »

The module can lose contact with the unit plug that comes through from inside the helmet.  That'll shut it down and require starting it again.

Take a look at the mount tab on the speaker kit.  A little "lip" adjacent to the socket itself on the part that comes through from inside the helmet.  It is supposed to catch on a slot in the helmet.  That tab/slot combination is easy to miss (at least it was for me).  If it's been missed the contacts inside the helmet can push away from the module when you push the module in or when you flex the helmet to pull it over your head.

Sometimes the damn thing will lose contact when pulling it over your head even it it's all assembled correctly.  I've got an N-42 that does this.

Also, if you're working with a first gen audio kit in the helmet you can slightly bend the contact tabs on the helmet-based piece out a bit to better reach the module.  It's got two rows of wire-flexible contacts.  If it's the second gen unit it's got three rows of pins and there's not much to be gained there.

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 10:13:32 AM »

Have had the same problem for a few months now. Looks like the phone is synced with the Zumo but drops out of the helmet. What phone do you have? Make sure its one recommended by Zumo if not like mine drop out all day long also, I can't end a call without turning off my GPS.

I think I waisted a ton of bucks (Noland 103 + head set + blue tooth).  For now, I'm mounting the Zumo on my new bike and am just going to look at the dam thing to figure out where I'm going. Then I'm planning on getting some kind of Autocom for the radio / IPod / GPS / Phone. There is not a lot of space on the SG so in the short run I guess I'll just stick all the electronics up my a** for now!

Has to be a better way - Noland Blue tooth (for me at least) isn't it

Sean M Cary

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 01:05:42 PM »

Have had the same problem for a few months now. Looks like the phone is synced with the Zumo but drops out of the helmet. What phone do you have? Make sure its one recommended by Zumo if not like mine drop out all day long also, I can't end a call without turning off my GPS.

I think I waisted a ton of bucks (Noland 103 + head set + blue tooth).  For now, I'm mounting the Zumo on my new bike and am just going to look at the dam thing to figure out where I'm going. Then I'm planning on getting some kind of Autocom for the radio / IPod / GPS / Phone. There is not a lot of space on the SG so in the short run I guess I'll just stick all the electronics up my a** for now!

Has to be a better way - Noland Blue tooth (for me at least) isn't it

using a sony erricson phone right now...

rode up from Jacksonville, NC to Stafford VA last week...  worked until the first gas stop - then it went kaputz.

the N42 helmet sucks also, I was just about deaf when I got up here after 5+ hours of riding

waste of $$

Sean

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 07:53:39 PM »

I have never had my ears "ring" like that until after a two or three hour ride in that helmet. "Ring" for a few days even.
I had so much $$ into it I used it for about 3500 miles. No I'm done -

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.