Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: nav system on stock stereo  (Read 2484 times)

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
Re: nav system on stock stereo
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 02:13:10 PM »

THat may be a good thing.... just sayin. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
I tend to agree with you, but then I use the built in GPS frequently.  It has the advantage of always being there without cluttering the bars. 

It's just that it such a poor unit feature waise that I keep saying to myself it was free and I didn't pay for it...

I know I'm lying to myself, but if I repeat it long enough maybe I'll believe it.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 02:17:06 PM »

I tend to agree with you, but then I use the built in GPS frequently.  It has the advantage of always being there without cluttering the bars. 

It's just that it such a poor unit feature waise that I keep saying to myself it was free and I didn't pay for it...

I know I'm lying to myself, but if I repeat it long enough maybe I'll believe it.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

I don't use it and I always tell myself the same thing.

I played with it when I got it, thought I loaded all the information when I put the disk in......turned the bike off......turned the bike back on and it asked me to insert the disk.....WTF. And that is how the fight started :)   I mean that is the last time I touched it.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 03:11:51 PM »

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
Free is always a good thing. ;D However to pay for this unit when there are other navigation systems much better and more affordable is not something I could recommend.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 08:25:14 PM »

I have the stock NAV system and I'm on here right now trying to make a decision on whether to buy the Garmin 550.  That should answer your question.  If I have the stock unit and I still want the Garmin, the stock unit leaves much to be desired. 

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 04:10:15 PM »

Free is always a good thing. ;D However to pay for this unit when there are other navigation systems much better and more affordable is not something I could recommend.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Absolutely agree with you D00d, There's no way I'd ever recommend the built in for purchase. 

But I'm still conflicted as to putting an aftermarket one on my bike.  Malinda has the 550 on her bike and can radio directions to me, but that puts me in the position of listening to my wife give me directions.   :o  ;D

What I'm currently doing when I need a route plan preloaded, is use an old Garmin Quest.  I take the car mount and plug it into the cig lighter which I have the advantage of having right there at handlebar.  Then I velcro the mount to the hydraulic clutch cylinder.  Usually, just a destination is fine and then I use the built in.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 23 queries.