Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: New Member From SATX via Kirkuk Iraq  (Read 4131 times)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: New Member From SATX via Kirkuk Iraq
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 11:43:36 PM »

welcome to a great site from e.tn. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Elixer

• Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler [ Let The Good Times Roll ]
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 CVO 105th Annv. FLHRSE4 Build 1096/1800
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 11:46:47 PM »

God Bless America and You.

Lets us Live where we Live, and Ride where we Ride.
Pic is my babe ~ get your own

Pollux

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 01:01:25 AM »

:welcome_005:   Welcome to the site from Luxembourg    :welcome_005:         
   :huepfenjump3:   Ride safe and have fun   :huepfenjump3:         
Carlo

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 05:34:29 AM »

Welcome to the site from - Moss - Norway!  :coolblue:
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 06:16:36 AM »

Welcome from Brussels,Belgium.
Stay safe

DanM

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 08:19:32 AM »

Welcome to the site.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 09:12:40 AM »

Welcome to this site, ride safe!!
Take care of yourself and your mates!!!

greetings from switzerland, Bandit
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 03:01:01 PM »

Good evening MKW

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 10:17:17 PM »

Welcome, Welcome.  See I told you saying hi would work out for ya.  Make sure when you get back you put up a lot of pictures.  I look forward to seeing you around the site.  God speed.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 03:04:10 PM »

:welcome_005:  Welcome to the site, MKW  :welcome_005:  from :sunny:  sunny So. Cal.  :sunny: and the CVO gang!  :vrolijk_6:  Congratulations on your SESG! :2vrolijk_20:  :2vrolijk_20: Hold on to your wallet.   :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:  We'll  help you spend plenty  :ons_4: $$$$   on it!    :ons_4:   :bananarock:
Most of all, Thank you for your service!  :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 04:10:37 PM »

:welcome_005:  Welcome to the site, MKW  :welcome_005:  from :sunny:  sunny So. Cal.  :sunny: and the CVO gang!  :vrolijk_6:  Congratulations on your SESG! :2vrolijk_20:  :2vrolijk_20: Hold on to your wallet.   :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:  We'll  help you spend plenty  :ons_4: $$$$   on it!    :ons_4:   :bananarock:
Most of all, Thank you for your service!  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  Wanna help me spend some money  ;D  I'm looking for some ideas to upgrade my $30K bike (its a crazy world we live in).  I'm planning on getting rid of the CAT, Cobra slip ons, SE pro super tunner, extended reach rider foot boards, and XM.  Any ideas on other upgrades be it performance or others?  I've done much to my 2003 Softail and want to put my stamp on the FLHXSE also-help me out but don't tell my wife  ;)
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 12:14:37 AM »

Welcome aboard from Minnesota! Glad you've joined the fun.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 08:40:44 PM »

Mark,

As far as removing the cat there are few options right now, but the most popular seems to be contacting Steve at fullsac for the Stage I Sleeper Kit:
http://www.fullsac.com/

The following thread covers some of the data about the fullsac's which you've probably come across, but also mentions the upcoming alternative from V&H as well as an existing one from Jackpot that nobody seems to have tried and commented about.

As far as XM goes, I was planning on going with a Zumo 550 and add the satelite antena.  The HD option for Boom Audio XM is 500 bucks.  The XM antena fro the Zumo is $249.  You can get 20% off of either of these if you order online from Chicago HD.  My Dad has the 550 and so does my brother.  They are outstanding tools.  If you wire the Zumo into your fairing you can get directions over the XM or MP3's your playing through the Zumo.  It won't talk over the FM though.  If you want any part numbers for this stuff let me know.

I'm sure Hogtunes offers some XM options but I do not know what they are because I'll bet they are great, but pricey and I've already decided to support the zumo option.

good luck.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 03:03:29 PM »

Mark,

As far as removing the cat there are few options right now, but the most popular seems to be contacting Steve at fullsac for the Stage I Sleeper Kit:
http://www.fullsac.com/

The following thread covers some of the data about the fullsac's which you've probably come across, but also mentions the upcoming alternative from V&H as well as an existing one from Jackpot that nobody seems to have tried and commented about.

As far as XM goes, I was planning on going with a Zumo 550 and add the satelite antena.  The HD option for Boom Audio XM is 500 bucks.  The XM antena fro the Zumo is $249.  You can get 20% off of either of these if you order online from Chicago HD.  My Dad has the 550 and so does my brother.  They are outstanding tools.  If you wire the Zumo into your fairing you can get directions over the XM or MP3's your playing through the Zumo.  It won't talk over the FM though.  If you want any part numbers for this stuff let me know.

I'm sure Hogtunes offers some XM options but I do not know what they are because I'll bet they are great, but pricey and I've already decided to support the zumo option.

good luck.

Thanks John.  I've looked at those post regarding fullsac and will most likely go with them unless the aftermarket comes with something this Oct.  I do like the Cobra slip-ons thought-nice sound and look!  How do you plan to mount the Zumo 550?  I would hate to mount it to the fairing having to drill holes in it and all.  Hey, how do you like the cooler temps lately up north?  Where are you from in IN?  I grew up in Chicago and went to Medical school in Southern IL.

Stay safe!
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 04:58:39 PM »

I was going to do the fairing mount.  I think I would rather have the best overall performance and placement of the unit.  I don't plan on sharing it with the cage to much and I'll probably use it for XM and MP3's all the time regardless of whether or not I need Navigation that day.  So I think it will be more of a semi permanent fixture on the bike for me.

Your right about the weather.  It is pretty nice right now.  It is weird though.  It was 90 the other day and I thought it was like a perfect 70.  It will get downright cold as hell at night though.  You know how fast the temperature drops in the desert.  With all the gear and weight you still sweat and once your wet under the armor and the sun drops you freeze.  I prefer it to the heat though.  The wrenches in the motor pool are liking it for sure.  Soon the rain though and the mud.  Love this place. :2vrolijk_21:

Purdue school of Engineering (Indy) for me and I live real close to Indy.  Lots of the guys with me live close to Chicago.  Bears fans.  whata do? :nixweiss:  Part of the BN is from Northern IN and the other part is down south of Indianapolis.

Remember the 07 super bowl Colts vs. Bears?  My unit was working on the border in CA and watched the game at a sports bar in San Diego and nearly got thrown out.  Nobody there before us seemed to care too much about the game, but all the guys who came in together on the big bus nearly wanted to kill each other before the night was over.
Good times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.683 seconds with 21 queries.