Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: J&M Cell Phone/GPS/Radar Integration kit for 1998 & later Harley® Ultra  (Read 4336 times)

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member

Hey guys, as anyone used the J&M Cell Phone/GPS/Radar Integration kit for 1998 & later Ultra  with your GPS i.e. zumo 550/660

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: J&M Cell Phone/GPS/Radar Integration kit for 1998 & later Harley® Ultra
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 07:37:05 AM »

No but it sounds expensive.

Do you have a link for it.
Ride It Like You Are Retired

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 08:10:01 AM »

OK I have seen that before. Like I thought, expensive.

Other people have achieved the same results I believe you are looking to achieve by using a MixIt and the Bomm for under $200.00.

The motorcycle tourer's forum is one place to ask the question, lots of nice people there and they are always doing things to their bikes.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTourer/start

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 08:18:30 AM »

OK I have seen that before. Like I thought, expensive.

Other people have achieved the same results I believe you are looking to achieve by using a MixIt and the Bomm for under $200.00.

The motorcycle tourer's forum is one place to ask the question, lots of nice people there and they are always doing things to their bikes.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTourer/start

Thanks I'll check it out

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 10:24:47 AM »

:-\ :-\

I looked at the J&M solution but chose the Cell Set system from Cycle Gadgets.  Allows full use of the HD intercom, radio, XM, CB etc while allowing the Garmin to interrupt the radio and route the gps instructions through the intercom system.  Best add-on to my bike for practicality.

Had it on three Ultra's and love it.  It also allows full use of the Bluetooth phone to Garmin to HD intercom headset.  Works great.  Most people have no idea you are on a bike when talking to you.  If my Zumo 550 dies, I'll switch to the 660 as it has the latest Bluetooth sound system..

I don't need the XM feature on the 550, and the 660 has lane change, MSN (for two more years) and true stereo Bluetooth capability.  Not to mention a better screen.

Just my opinion.  The Cell Set does not limit the use of your existing HD system at all. 

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

olli

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 12:47:05 PM »

Vote for CellSet  :2vrolijk_21:! No additional switches required all is hidden under the batwing ;)

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »

:-\ :-\

I looked at the J&M solution but chose the Cell Set system from Cycle Gadgets.  Allows full use of the HD intercom, radio, XM, CB etc while allowing the Garmin to interrupt the radio and route the gps instructions through the intercom system.  Best add-on to my bike for practicality.

Had it on three Ultra's and love it.  It also allows full use of the Bluetooth phone to Garmin to HD intercom headset.  Works great.  Most people have no idea you are on a bike when talking to you.  If my Zumo 550 dies, I'll switch to the 660 as it has the latest Bluetooth sound system..

I don't need the XM feature on the 550, and the 660 has lane change, MSN (for two more years) and true stereo Bluetooth capability.  Not to mention a better screen.

Just my opinion.  The Cell Set does not limit the use of your existing HD system at all.  

Did you have to buy all 3 harness? Intercom, cell and head set adapter.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:26:40 PM by Trey767 »

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 03:13:52 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/

i bought the HD Ultra Kit and all of the needed items were included.

2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 1999 Road King

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 07:46:12 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/

i bought the HD Ultra Kit and all of the needed items were included.

Diamondback, I called cyclegadget and I had a question do you here the gps through the speakers or the headset/intercom?

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »

:P :P :P

headset only.

Former 1999 Road King

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 06:37:14 AM »

Why headset only?

If the gps output is going to the AUX input on the front of the radio you can select between the bike speakers or headset with the speaker switch, unless you don't have a speaker switch on your bike.

Never mind I now see that is how the J&M system works if that is what you are talking about.

Jim
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 06:42:52 AM by bissjim »

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 06:48:39 AM »

Why headset only?

If the gps output is going to the AUX input on the front of the radio you can select between the bike speakers or headset with the speaker switch, unless you don't have a speaker switch on your bike.

Never mind I now see that is how the J&M system works if that is what you are talking about.

Jim

Jim, that is the J&M set up, the cell set has that option but it uses a external switch. It was 225 for the mod. and 50 for the pwr harness for the zumo 660. J&M is 380.00 and

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 07:38:32 AM »

:drink: :drink:

The big advantage to the Cell Set is that (assuming you wear a headset on your helmet) that the audio from the Garmin goes through the intercom to the headset (and not the AUX input).  All of the other audio inputs go to the headset(or speakers) as normal.  The Cell Set mutes the other audio inputs for about 5 or 6 seconds while it sends through the headset gps instructions (or the phone or the Garmins mp3 player).  You can set the Cellset to not mute the sound if you like.

You can run the audio from the Garmin to the Aux in but then the Garmin eliminates the XM, radio, CD/MP3 player.  You could switch back and forth from the Aux to the radio but that is at best annoying (this is what I did until I purchased the Cell Set).  Had over 1GB of songs on the Garmin but decided I wanted to listen to the other audio devices on the bike (epecially the XM). 

I have had the system for over two years(three bikes) and have found it to be excellent.  One more point, if you like you can have the HD sound (XM, radio and cd/mp3 player) routed to the speakers and the Garmin (and intercom and CB audio) info through the Heasdset intercom (as does HD when you wear a headset and listen to the speakers).  This actually works much better than I would have thought especially if you have a half helmet with the new headsets.

The only hard part about the CellSet is you have to remove the fairing and wire the device into the HD audio system.  Instructions are clear and everything but a heat gun is there.  No soldering is required.  Everything is compression connectors (so you can fairly easily remove the Cell Set and  resinstall it on your next bike, like I have done). Works straight out of the box.  Even my dealer has installed a few.

LIke I said earlier, if you have the XM on the bike, I think the Zumo 660 is better than the 550 due to the advanced Bluetooth setup, better screen and overall better unit (although not much).

The J&M headsets, however, are a great addition to the system.  Much more efficent than the HD headsets that comes with the bike, less volume needed and better sound.  IMHO having used both.

Former 1999 Road King

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 12:36:34 PM »

That's cool using one of the intercom connections.

I don't have any need to use a radar detector but I can see why some people would want one. I usually stay within 4 miles an hour of the posted limit; old age does that to you. Besides knowing how the newer radars work by the time the radar detector beeps you have been had by the officers if they want you. A radar detector is an "I got you detector" as my son says. He's a NYS Trooper and gets a kick out of people saying they slowed down when their detector went off.

I already have the XM on the Zumo and about 1000 MP3 songs loaded on the SD card. That's what the wife and I listen to besides the turn directions and they all come thru the AUX input. Using the AUX input also allows me to use the CB if I want to as the CB will interrupt the AUX input. All I needed was the capability of making and receiving phone calls which I do thru the Zumo interface via the Bomm. I don't usually make or receive calls while on the bike but I have from time to time while traveling. The wife does not go on 1000 + mile rides but likes to be able to call me from time to time to make sure I'm still breathing. She worries about me.... Love her for that.

Be safe and keep the rubber side down.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.