Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: deweys heads  (Read 3753 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
deweys heads
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:39:17 AM »

whats  the best  woods cam, when running deweys ported and  flowed heads on  a cvo  110ci, and  what  kind of no.'s would  ya expect

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: deweys heads
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:26:48 AM »

whats  the best  woods cam, when running deweys ported and  flowed heads on  a cvo  110ci, and  what  kind of no.'s would  ya expect

Call Bob Woods directly. He's the best man to answer that question. My guess is the 408 cam.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 08:34:09 AM »

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 09:48:16 AM »

Have to get new cams for my Jim's 131. Is there a better recomended cam?

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »

What is Don (Deweys Heads) recommendation?
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 10:21:41 AM »

You can choose which cam suits your riding style. The heads will go there and when you get above ~10.2/1 CR needed then the head chamber will remain near stock size and a pop-up piston is used.

Your power output will be determined by the tight seal of the motor (how well the factory did their thing or your bore and hone job and re-ring if pistons are swapped), the squish distance (some have pistons .007-.010 down in the hole), the cam choice, ~~~pipe choice~~~, the quality of the tune, and if FBW equipped the airflow potential of this choice.
I have had a 110 make 113hp/121TQ with the Woods 5 @ 9.7/1 and have had some with the 7 not do as well. Not a statement that one is better than the other but more that the other factors I mentioned need to be right. I had one with a Wood 7 jump 10hp by just changing the pipe from Caliber Slip-Ons (07) to a FatCat (the dyno was posted here).
The head product is very consistent and every one is flowed and a flow sheet supplied. It is the owners responsibility to do their homework. If I owned one first thing I would do is a leakdown, piston at the top middle and bottom positions. Next check pinion runout. Just a few prerequisites.

These 110s have the potential to rip with the best of them and live too but they are a little more pipe sensitive and the inherent issues need to be checked and fixed to get good performance and reliability out of them.

Phaq2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 08:39:56 PM »

You can choose which cam suits your riding style. The heads will go there and when you get above ~10.2/1 CR needed then the head chamber will remain near stock size and a pop-up piston is used.

Your power output will be determined by the tight seal of the motor (how well the factory did their thing or your bore and hone job and re-ring if pistons are swapped), the squish distance (some have pistons .007-.010 down in the hole), the cam choice, ~~~pipe choice~~~, the quality of the tune, and if FBW equipped the airflow potential of this choice.
I have had a 110 make 113hp/121TQ with the Woods 5 @ 9.7/1 and have had some with the 7 not do as well. Not a statement that one is better than the other but more that the other factors I mentioned need to be right. I had one with a Wood 7 jump 10hp by just changing the pipe from Caliber Slip-Ons (07) to a FatCat (the dyno was posted here).
The head product is very consistent and every one is flowed and a flow sheet supplied. It is the owners responsibility to do their homework. If I owned one first thing I would do is a leakdown, piston at the top middle and bottom positions. Next check pinion runout. Just a few prerequisites.

These 110s have the potential to rip with the best of them and live too but they are a little more pipe sensitive and the inherent issues need to be checked and fixed to get good performance and reliability out of them.
Sorry for the hijack OP.
Don,

First this was a 96" converted to a 110 with the Wood 7H roller rockers do to dealer error.
I'm looking to have have my heads worked this coming off season and maybe a cam change. from what you've discribed this is my direction as for a rewoked HPI tb, head imperfections taken care of. I ride 2 up 75% and like to wind it up when by myself. Here is my current dyno sheet. It was a good day for tuning and the tuner knows his SEPT.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »

That is a nice graph but we don't see down low say 2,500
With a longer cam, headwork and slightly more compression you could get 12 more hp+, a slightly lower peak torque number but the mass of torque would outweigh the slight peak loss. The sweet spot of the torque curve would extent over a 3k range to over 4k before any loss shows. There are improvements I recommend to the heads regardless of any airflow enhancements that I would consider mandatory for any 110. The airflow improvements and bigger cam etc would suit the more aggressive riders

Phaq2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 07:20:43 PM »

Don,
Thanks for the responce.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 22 queries.