Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: need more hp  (Read 3009 times)

Thumper007

• FLHRSEI.ORG
need more hp
« on: February 27, 2006, 10:22:11 PM »

i have  a 04 seeg, can i put  harleys  screaming eagle ported  heads on my bike and not change the pistons,  i don't want to up the comprision, but i would like to pick up some more hp , i also would be puttin a hotter cam in the bike

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: need more hp
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 10:48:32 PM »

You really wouldn't be doing yourself any favors not matching the pistons to the heads.  In my opinion, you would be better off having your current heads reworked, using a .30 Cometic gasket and selecting a cam to match your riding style if you don't want to change out the pistons.  You may want to keep an eye on the Zippers threads for a couple of the matched packages that are under development as a well engineered total concept sure beats the heck out of trial and error.  Saves a lot of bucks in the long run also.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 11:13:53 PM »

Welcome to the site. You'll get plenty of advice on everything from A-Z around here. Lots of knowlegable folks about. Keep us posted on how things go with your upgrades.

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 07:55:37 AM »

A female in the quest of more HP,I love it [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]Welcome to the site Thumper. You will learn as Spidey said last post that this site will not steer you wrong anywhere,you will be given plenty of choices on any particular question.But 1 thing is for sure we will have no sweat spending all your hard earned money for you once you catch the OCD. Later,Q [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 08:00:09 AM »

Well I should have done my homework first.You have been around the site a bit and probably already know the deal around here.Well I'm a big dummy.Thats what you get from listening to Spidey. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 09:21:24 AM »

Thumper,

The various Screamin' Eagle heads are all designed to work with specific pistons.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 09:52:17 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SEvet

• Junior CVO Member
    • AZ
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »

First we need to know a few things...  Like is the bike stock now?  Have you had the bike dynoed?  What kind of numbers is it producing now?  What are you looking for?

If the bike is stock now.  You can get some fair increases with intake, exhaust, cams, and a Race Tuner.

???
 8-)
2015 Stage 4 Road Glide
Coming - 2016 Fatboy
Past rides;
2000 SERG w/SE heads, Race Tuner, V&H ovals
'01 FLHRI, 95"
2009 SERG Silver V&H Power Duals, 2" Fullsac baffles, HB

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 04:49:14 PM »

i have
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 07:30:47 PM »

You really wouldn't be doing yourself any favors not matching the pistons to the heads.

Thumper007

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 01:40:22 AM »

thumper is my wifie she has the 103 fat boy , i'am the the old man with the seeg, yes  i have  a  race tuner, slip- ons, air breather,100 hp now , but would like to pick up 10 more ponies, but i like the way the bike is as far as dependability ,like in traffic ect., my experince with higher comp. seems to lead to more heat, hard starts, spark knocks, i was just kicking around  the idea of some more goodies, but my friends say my bike runs so good that they wouldn't do anything to it ,every bike i ever had i seemed to screw it up with trying to get to much hp, but yet i keep thinking maybe i could squeeze a couple more hp's out of  it with out losing the streetability, so  give me some suggestions.....thanks in advance

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 09:01:17 PM »

Well you know Thumper, that the folks here are always happy to help us with ideas to spend our cash to further the cause [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 07:32:26 PM by fatboyse2 »

mdduce

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 11:14:05 PM »

Go ahead do the 113" it has great streetability and you can ride it like you stole it and so far aint hurt nothing,Got 1700 miles on my 113" duce wouldnt go back for nothing the thing is a blast!I ride two about 70% of the time the wife just says sure is some damn good gas huh honey HA HA!For real best money i ever spent next to buying the bike to start with.Just in case you were courious 124hp 134tq
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 11:15:34 PM by mdduce »

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 02:48:27 PM »

Thumper:

Don't know where you are (East or West Coast). In 2004 Brad Yuill at Freedom Cycle in Reno reworked my SE heads added cams and ported the throttle body. We used the stock pistons.We decked the heads and used cometic .030's for 10:1 straight up (no comp. releases necessary). The bike had Freedom Pipes and a PCIII. We ran a real flat torque curve peaked at 122 and hp was 118 with the rev limiter at 5800, (could have been >120 with a 6200 limiter). Since then he has seen even better results with other SEEG's.

The problem isn't really with the stock pistons, it's just that the cylinder boring on most stock motors is out of round and while matching pistons and combustion chambers is certainly the proper and best procedure, it isn't mandatory. Now having said that, we did go back through this motor when I rounded up summo cash and bored the cylinders and put in forged pistons.

Hubbard is absolutely correct though when he says that you can get some significant gains with air flow, exhaust and mapping.

Thumper007

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 07:22:10 PM »

pcc ...thats impressive numbers from a 103 , i wish i was close to reno , i'am on the east coast

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 07:39:53 PM »

Thumper.......just so you know, TonyS on this site had 67g gear drive cams put in his 05 SEEG and no head work and his dyno sheet 110.8 HP at 6000 rpm and 119.6 TQ at 3800 rpm........and it was done at Harley Davidson of Sacramento.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 10:20:20 PM »

Thumper:

Don't know where you are (East or West Coast). In 2004 Brad Yuill at Freedom Cycle in Reno reworked my SE heads added cams and ported the throttle body. We used the stock pistons.We decked the heads and used cometic .030's for 10:1 straight up (no comp. releases necessary). The bike had Freedom Pipes and a PCIII. We ran a real flat torque curve peaked at 122 and hp was 118 with the rev limiter at 5800, (could have been >120 with a 6200 limiter). Since then he has seen even better results with other SEEG's.

[highlight]The problem isn't really with the stock pistons[/highlight], it's just that the cylinder boring on most stock motors is out of round and while matching pistons and combustion chambers is certainly the proper and best procedure, it isn't mandatory. Now having said that, we did go back through this motor when I rounded up summo cash and bored the cylinders and [highlight]put in forged pistons[/highlight].

Hubbard is absolutely correct though when he says that you can get some significant gains with air flow, exhaust and mapping.

Glad to hear you didn't stick with the stock cast pistons.  I've heard many times and have seen the issues that can arise with cast pistons not being able to take the heat and stress of higher compression and revs with this setup.  Forged are the way to go.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 07:06:49 PM »

You'd be surprised at how many AHDRA bikes are running cast pistons. They're not a problem. Every Harley comes with em and plenty go unmodified. The only reason I switched was because of the out of round issue.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 07:10:39 PM »

Thumper:

I'd give Hubbard's builder a try. He sounds like he's a good one! Bob Wood is a good source to talk to re; power. He's real accessible to. Woods Performance

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 07:23:56 PM »

Thumper:

Don't know where you are (East or West Coast). In 2004 Brad Yuill at Freedom Cycle in Reno reworked my SE heads [highlight]added cams [/highlight]and ported the throttle body. We used the stock pistons.We decked the heads and used cometic .030's for 10:1 straight up (no comp. releases necessary). The bike had Freedom Pipes and a PCIII. We ran a real flat torque curve peaked at 122 and hp was 118 with the rev limiter at 5800, (could have been >120 with a 6200 limiter). Since then he has seen even better results with other SEEG's.

The problem isn't really with the stock pistons, it's just that the cylinder boring on most stock motors is out of round and while matching pistons and combustion chambers is certainly the proper and best procedure, it isn't mandatory. Now having said that, we did go back through this motor when I rounded up summo cash and bored the cylinders and put in forged pistons.

PCC,
what cams were fitted? sounds very impressive!

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
Mike
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 10:26:57 PM »

You'd be surprised at how many AHDRA bikes are running cast pistons. They're not a problem. Every Harley comes with em and plenty go unmodified. The only reason I switched was because of the out of round issue.
PCC,

I noticed in your previous post that you thought most stock cylinders are "out-of-round".
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 09:50:09 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jeepster09

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006, 10:19:20 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Thumper007,

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2006, 06:18:17 PM »

grc:

These are cylinders in actual builds and, of course, measured properly with torque plates attached during the re-honing process.

Aussie: The cams are Freedom Cycle grind #4.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.